Sign and Sail Question

hawaiissunshine1

Hi All,

I am sure that this question has been asked several (hundred) times, but cc search and google were not giving me a related answer. I may already know the answer, but I just want to double check :)

I am sailing with 2 other family members (with whom I don't live) next month. I want to use my credit card for my sign and sail account, however I don't want to put it in on the Online Check-in, so it doesn't get linked to somebody else's S&S card by accident. There is no security feature that prevents others on the same booking number to linking themselves to my account. I have selected the "Cash" option, assuming I can attach my credit card instead of giving cash upon arrival to the port. Am I correct in my thinking?

27 days! (and I can't wait!)

Yes.

I just did my online check in last night and it asked if I wanted anyone to have charging privileges to my account. Then it asked if I wanted others in other cabins to have charging privileges.

So even though on the same booking number if do set it up online the website does ask if it is just you and if you want to add others. You can say no. But if it gives you more peace of mind then do the cash option on board.

When I was setting up I clicked on the cash option and it still asked if I wanted others to charge to this account/cabin. I said yes as the only other one is my DH. But we may switch to a credit card I haven't decided yet.

I have in past also not set up anything online and just told them when I check in that I would be doing cash then went to the kiosk and put in money...sort of like a reverse ATM...LOL....I have also gone to the pursers desk...whichever line is the shortest.

Yes you can but, when you set up your S&S online you can make it so you are the only authorized user.

DITTO. Should be no problem to set up your "Sign-n-Sail" card so that you are the only authorized user who can charge against your card. ;)

"SKY"

Yes you can but, when you set up your S&S online you can make it so you are the only authorized user.

My concern is that others can go onto the Carnival website and accidentally add themselves as an authorized user if we are all on the same booking. Then, my credit card information is there for their accessing pleasure. Not that I am afraid that they will, however I am overly cautious.

I have no intention of actually using cash, it is too much of a hassle. Credit card all the way.

How late can I add my credit card information online? I might be okay with it if I could add it the day of or day before.

My concern is that others can go onto the Carnival website and accidentally add themselves as an authorized user if we are all on the same booking. Then, my credit card information is there for their accessing pleasure. Not that I am afraid that they will, however I am overly cautious.

I have no intention of actually using cash, it is too much of a hassle. Credit card all the way.

How late can I add my credit card information online? I might be okay with it if I could add it the day of or day before.

I have read on here that people have tried to access their cruise documents on the day before their cruise and it was no longer available online. I've never tried it but as I said, others on here have said it.

Hi All,

I am sure that this question has been asked several (hundred) times, but cc search and google were not giving me a related answer. I may already know the answer, but I just want to double check :)

I am sailing with 2 other family members (with whom I don't live) next month. I want to use my credit card for my sign and sail account, however I don't want to put it in on the Online Check-in, so it doesn't get linked to somebody else's S&S card by accident. There is no security feature that prevents others on the same booking number to linking themselves to my account. I have selected the "Cash" option, assuming I can attach my credit card instead of giving cash upon arrival to the port. Am I correct in my thinking?

27 days! (and I can't wait!)

Just to clarify. Are they all connected to you because they are on your credit card?

Don't they each have to register their information separately ?

Just to clarify. Are they all connected to you because they are on your credit card?

Don't they each have to register their information separately ?

We are all in one room, booked together, so we are on one booking number.

When you go to do the online check-in, you need to set up an account. If you enter your credit card information when setting up, there is no security feature that prevents another person who has access to the booking information from adding my credit card to their account when setting it up. My credit card information is just hanging out there for their accessing pleasure.

Typically, this isn't an issue as it is normally just me and my significant other traveling, and we both use my credit card because we share finances, the credit card just happens to be in my name. This time, I am traveling with my mother and sister, and we all have different finances. It is NOT that I don't trust them, however I would prefer to prevent any accidental links via the Carnival website, and have my credit card charged for their S&S account.

Thanks for the feedback from everybody :). I will probably just keep it as is and just add my credit card upon check in. I am going to be getting a carnival gift card from my significant other, even though he can't come (as a birthday present, he is such a sweetheart). I will probably add this then, and then add my credit card at the same time. We are sailing on the Pride in only 26 days!

I've been on a cruise before with people who I didn't share finances with. My grandmother booked the cruise with her card. When we checked in we all have the the credit card we wanted to use for our sail and sign card. Everything worked out just fine with no problems. I think it's something else to settle at check in.

Archived