Imagination 3 Day - Senor Frogs (Nassau) question

Avril

My upcoming cruise on the Imagination (doing a B2B :D) goes to Nassau and is there from 10am - 7am the next morning. I love to go to Senor Frogs (SF) in Nassau (not only is the party and drinks awesome but they have incredible Nachos as well, haha) and thought it might be fun to go party there in the evening instead of on the ship (unless that night is when they have the Deck Party, then I'll be on the ship for sure). I was just wondering, what time does SF close? Is it open as long as a ship is in port (so all night in this case) or does it have a normal closing time (normal for that kind of place anyway)?

Thanks!!!! :D

Ok, that's perfect!! Thanks!!!! :D If we don't have a Deck Party that night (and I don't think we will since it's Formal/Elegant Night), Senor Frogs, here I come!!!! :D

Oh wait. Would I have time to get over there after both dinner and the show though? We have late seating (8:15pm) dinner.

My upcoming cruise on the Imagination (doing a B2B :D) goes to Nassau and is there from 10am - 7am the next morning. I love to go to Senor Frogs (SF) in Nassau (not only is the party and drinks awesome but they have incredible Nachos as well, haha) and thought it might be fun to go party there in the evening instead of on the ship (unless that night is when they have the Deck Party, then I'll be on the ship for sure). I was just wondering, what time does SF close? Is it open as long as a ship is in port (so all night in this case) or does it have a normal closing time (normal for that kind of place anyway)?

Thanks!!!! :D

The about.com website shows they close at 1 AM, and I see the same thing on SF's FB page. It looks like SF's website is having issues right now.

http://gocaribbean.about.com/od/restaurant1/gr/Senor-Frogs-Of-Nassau.htm

https://www.facebook.com/frogsnassau/info

Would I have time to get over there after both dinner and the show though? We have late seating (8:15pm) dinner.

The 8:15 PM dinner gets out around 10:00 PM. Since you'll be in port all night, you'll definitely have enough time. Since there's lobster in the MDR on formal night, I don't recommend skipping dinner. Just don't eat so much that you'll be too slugging to dance later. :D

Senor Frog's is a different beast than regular bars, even in tourist towns. It doesn't pick up around midnight like you'd expect; it picks up when ships are in port, even in the afternoon. I've been to Senor Frog's in Nassau on the 4-day Sensation cruise, which stayed in port until 1:00 AM. (I skipped dinner, since my cruise friends went there early, and I joined them.)

Basically, go late, but not too late. There won't be a lot of people there late at night, since all other ships will have left by then, and it's not that safe to walk around Nassau at nighttime. So walk only in a group, and you'll be OK.

Do you know if other ships are staying late in Nassau late with Imagination?

The 8:15 PM dinner gets out around 10:00 PM. Since you'll be in port all night, you'll definitely have enough time. Since there's lobster in the MDR on formal night, I don't recommend skipping dinner. Just don't eat so much that you'll be too slugging to dance later. :D

Senor Frog's is a different beast than regular bars, even in tourist towns. It doesn't pick up around midnight like you'd expect; it picks up when ships are in port, even in the afternoon. I've been to Senor Frog's in Nassau on the 4-day Sensation cruise, which stayed in port until 1:00 AM. (I skipped dinner, since my cruise friends went there early, and I joined them.)

Basically, go late, but not too late. There won't be a lot of people there late at night, since all other ships will have left by then, and it's not that safe to walk around Nassau at nighttime. So walk only in a group, and you'll be OK.

Do you know if other ships are staying late in Nassau late with Imagination?

Well its pretty safe to walk in nassau at night. As im from there I can say locals dont frequent the downtown area at night as the partying isnt rwally our scene in that are. We tend to stay in the central area hence places like senor frogs are crowded with tourists and not locals. Bambu which is further down from SF is an amazing nightclub that pkays all genres as well as tropicana is ok as well. Wen toyrist ask us where to go we udually say SF because its near the ship n ppl tend to get too drunk to function, not because we dont think its safe. If you walk further downtown near the exit of the cruise port you can see more clubs and more locals and much more fun. SF is too predictanle at this poibt. We also have a Fat Tuesday now on Junkanoo beach. Drinks are stronggggggg. Hope this helps.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Forums mobile app

• 4 weeks later...
Ok, that's perfect!! Thanks!!!! :D If we don't have a Deck Party that night (and I don't think we will since it's Formal/Elegant Night), Senor Frogs, here I come!!!! :D

Oh wait. Would I have time to get over there after both dinner and the show though? We have late seating (8:15pm) dinner.

That night will be the night of the deck party.

-Matt

Archived