When do they put up holiday decorations?

Avril

Wow, this is the 2nd thread I've started today, I'm on a roll, hehe!!:)

I have sailed over New Years a few times and the ships are always decorated for the holidays, I love it!! :D I'm about to sail at the end of November/beginning of December which I haven't done. I was just wondering, when do they put up the Christmas/Holiday decorations? I'm doing a B2B so I'm embarking on November 29th and debarking (for good) on December 6th. Will the ship be decorated for any (or all) of my time onboard?

John Heald put a list up on his blog about a week or so ago when all the ships will be decorated. They will start around Nov. 20 and should have all of them done by the first week of Dec. I do not remember just when for sure they will start or end.

We cruised last year during Thanksgiving Week. Thanks goodness the Christmas decorations weren't up, we wanted to enjoy Thanksgiving without having Christmas thrown in our faces.

Since this Thanksgiving is the end of November, according to John H. looks like you'll have Christmas decorations up days before Thanksgiving. I hope they at least wait until the Saturday or Sunday AFTER Thanksgiving (for the new cruisers not cruising during Thanksgiving week).

too bad. :(

Archived