Unable to Add Reservation to My Celebrity

sandyss

I have been unable to add a newly booked cruise to my account at My Celebrity. I have tried both my and my DH's accounts, and get the same message on both. "Your booking is already associated with another My Celebrity account."

I have emailed and called several times about this problem over a period of several weeks, and am still unable to add this new cruise. I repeatedly get told that the issue should be solved within a few days.

Has anyone else had this problem - and been able to solve it?

We booked this cruise while on board the Millennium - maybe that was the problem:D.

No, I don't think booking onboard the ship is the problem. It's some kind of glitch in their database and the way that the reservation gets entered. I wish I could help you. I made a B2B reservation; I booked one leg on the website. Because I decided to book a 2nd leg, I called in to Captain's Club. The nature of this B2B was that I wanted to change staterooms for the second leg, so I needed to discuss this reservation. Long story, but I can't bring up the second reservation. I receive the same error message; I tried the same things you did; i.e., logging in under my DH's ID and trying to add the reservation. Nothing I do works. It's been months; I feel your frustration!

Yep, same issue for 1 of the next 6 cruises I have booked. A lady with Captains club is looking into it and keeps me updated but they can't figure it out. First they thought because it's a back to back but no. It has been since the end of April they are working on this and always think they have a resolution and it never works. I think they have some weird issues with their system. The First Lady I spoke to in customer service said it was because I booked with a travel agent and there was nothing they could do - I told her all my cruises were booked with TAs and the rest work and she got crabby. The new captains club lady is very apologetic and embarrassed about it. We shall see.

Same problem I had with a B2B cruise we had booked. I spoke to them several times following booking with them about being unable to add my booking to my profile and they kept giving an excuse of some stupid reason or other. Finally after about 2 months, I was able to add it and its been there since.

What always worries me is the OBC. I've never been able to see it recorded anywhere on any of my reservations. I keep asking for a copy of my invoice that indicates it and they send me one but it just isn't there.

I had a somewhat similar situation with B2B cruises when trying to make a payment for a cruise.

The payment information had disappeared from my account. :eek:

I was no longer able to see my remaining balance due or make a payment for either cruise on my Celebrity account.

Then I remembered that we had encountered such problems previously when the reservations had been linked.

So I called to ask if that could be what had happened here, and sure enough, it turned out that an agent had linked these reservations, and that was what was causing the problems.

I asked to have them un-linked, since it would not let me unlink them myself.

As soon as that was done, all the missing payment information for both cruises immediately re-appeared in my account and everything was fine again.

When I logged back into my account and made a payment online, it immediately showed the payment with the correct updated balance right there on the screen.

It also sent me the usual email confirmation message.

It was already in the in-box waiting for me when I opened my email a moment later.

That Celebrity database has more bugs than a cheap hotel. It hasn't worked for years and it's more of a fluke when it does work. You can usually look up your reservation if you put it in using the menus, but I've never been able to get the linking thing to work. I sent an email to their tech support once and they pretty much just said, "Yeah, we know it doesn't work..."

Tom

I have been unable to add a newly booked cruise to my account at My Celebrity. I have tried both my and my DH's accounts, and get the same message on both. "Your booking is already associated with another My Celebrity account."

I have emailed and called several times about this problem over a period of several weeks, and am still unable to add this new cruise. I repeatedly get told that the issue should be solved within a few days.

Has anyone else had this problem - and been able to solve it?

We booked this cruise while on board the Millennium - maybe that was the problem:D.

I was able to add my reservation this summer. My sister and her husband are traveling with us and booked their cabin just recently. I tried to help my sister and add her reservation to her My Celebrity account, but to no avail. Kept getting error messages of all sorts. Kept trying and trying. Called Celebrity on Sunday and the agent herself tried it and couldn't get it to work. Said there was a glitch in the system but they were working on it. She said to call back midweek and it should be fixed. I'll wait because there is no urgency.

I'm glad we're all not alone but it would be nice if it worked! They know there is a problem but can't seem to get it fixed.

I was able to successfully have my reservation added to my account today. It took about 45 mins on the phone, a transfer to IT and a call back, but it's all fixed now.

I wasn't told what the issue was, but I just persevered until it was fixed (and thankfully the guy on the phone wanted to as well!)

I was very happy with the service on the phone.

• 4 months later...

Well, here it is Feb. 2014 and the problem persists. Back in May, 2013, we booked a Transpacific cruise (San Francisco>Sydney) for Sept., 2014. At the time we called to book we were transferred to "Consumer Outreach" which doesn't appear on the Celebrity website. Today I called the phone # on the website as well as the "special dedicated line" we were given upon booking. It has been 45 minutes and I'm still on hold for both lines! I guess I'll try sending an email but I'm staying on hold until someone answers, no matter how long it takes!

Thanks for providing a place where I can sound off to folks who understand my predicament.

Well, here it is Feb. 2014 and the problem persists. Back in May, 2013, we booked a Transpacific cruise (San Francisco>Sydney) for Sept., 2014. At the time we called to book we were transferred to "Consumer Outreach" which doesn't appear on the Celebrity website. Today I called the phone # on the website as well as the "special dedicated line" we were given upon booking. It has been 45 minutes and I'm still on hold for both lines! I guess I'll try sending an email but I'm staying on hold until someone answers, no matter how long it takes!

Thanks for providing a place where I can sound off to folks who understand my predicament.

Have you tried Captain's Club? Someone there was able to help me. We had being trying to add a cruise since we booked it in April 2013, and she was finally able to get it added in October 2013.

Hello CruzinGator. Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your My Celebrity account. The Captain's Club would be happy to look at this for you, and they can be reached at 1-800-760-0654.

We have also not been able to add our upcoming reservation to our account. The error message we get is "No Tours found for Ship/Departure Date". We have called 3 times and each time we are told that the IT department is working on it. They have also indicated that many others are having this problem and that it may never be resolved. What is most frustrating is that my childrens reservation and parents reservation which are linked to ours works just fine.