Gavin Chandler

AZbeachboy

I just received an email that Gavin Chandler will be our CD on the Golden in October. Does anyone have any information about him or opinions. Thanks.

Gavin was the CD on my B2B to Alaska on the Sapphire in June. I found him to be very friendly, fairly visible, and he had a very enthusiastic team.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I agree. We had him on our 17 day cruise from Vancouver to FLL. He is funny and engaging. But he is also truly interested in the passengers. One night after dinner and before a show he cam up to us and sat down and chatted about the cruise. He was really interested in what we thought of Princess.

You'll like him.

As I have been writing in a cruise review, Gavin was literally the first person we met on the Golden Princess, and he treated us like we were special. Various times throughout the cruise he greeted us and stopped to chat with us, such as when we got a snack in the International Cafe after being in port.

He was also a good host of the Wake Show, although his humor was a bit quirky at times (but I find quirkiness to be appealing). A few times he seemed a bit out of touch with the activities going on, but that was understandable because I think we were on his first cruise after replacing David Cole (and Deputy CD Marahscalh Stanton was always ready to fill in the things Gavin missed -- but it is possible that the whole banter between Gavin and Marahscalh was just an act).

Gavin was also unafraid to be the butt of a good joke. (I suspect that some of you know what I'm talking about, if his performance on the last night of our cruise was typical.)

After only two Princess cruises, I can't say that we have ever had a bad Princess cruise director. (On our one Carnival cruise, I recall absolutely nothing about the cruise director.) I don't know if he is the friendliest CD out there, but I really can't imagine anyone doing better in the friendliness department than Gavin.

Gavin was the CD on our recent Alaska cruise on the Golden out of Seattle - Sept. 8th. We found him to be upbeat, friendly, and informative. He worked well with his assistant Kelly. We really enjoyed the wake show he hosted each morning.

Archived