another beverage package question

Mawelch

Just when I thought I had these packages down, I have come up with a question. My DH and I just booked a 4 nighter on Enchantment and wanted to book the premium package. We called Royal and asked if the policy had changed for just one person in the stateroom to be able to order the package. The girl answered that it had changed and one person could order the package vice both in the cabin. When we tried to do this online it would not allow it unless both signed up. So we called Royal again to get help. This time the lady (different one) stated both had to buy unless one could not drink due to written doctors orders, and it had to be done onboard. Can anyone tell me which girl was right? we are not trying to scam the system by buying drinks for anyone other then the card holder, it just doesn't pay for me to purchase the package as I don't drink. Thanks for any help, I know this subject has been beaten to death

Just when I thought I had these packages down, I have come up with a question. My DH and I just booked a 4 nighter on Enchantment and wanted to book the premium package. We called Royal and asked if the policy had changed for just one person in the stateroom to be able to order the package. The girl answered that it had changed and one person could order the package vice both in the cabin. When we tried to do this online it would not allow it unless both signed up. So we called Royal again to get help. This time the lady (different one) stated both had to buy unless one could not drink due to written doctors orders, and it had to be done onboard. Can anyone tell me which girl was right? we are not trying to scam the system by buying drinks for anyone other then the card holder, it just doesn't pay for me to purchase the package as I don't drink. Thanks for any help, I know this subject has been beaten to death

To my knowledge, all guests in a stateroom over age 21 must purchase the package. The website has no flexibility, so if a person has a medical issue, you have to wait to purchase on board.

I was going to start a new thread on this because I had a similar question before I sailed recently and got a real result on the ship.

My gf does not drink & I wanted the package etc etc.

When we boarded the ship we went straight to the counter outside the windjammer so she could get the soda package and I could ask very nicely about getting the basic package. He went off to ask his boss and came back and said no. I'm not sure he asked because he looked like he could not find anybody - you know that look.

Anyway - a couple of hours later I was having a drink in the schooner bar. The bar man offered me another beer and I made a joke about getting back to the cabin. He then told me about the package and we got into conversation. I told him the story and he said 'let me see what I can do for you'.

He rang his boss and guess what - five minutes later I had the form signed and a little sticker on my seapass. No hassle - no problem.

I think it really boils down to who you ask.

I hope this helps.

Archived