Detailed Photo Review of Carnival Sunshine 12-Night Mediterranean Cruise 9/8/13

deladane

Dana -

Thanks so much for a fantastic review! I was on the NCL Jade with my Dad in November 2013 and just came across your review. I know how much time & effort it takes to write one (just finished my own) and how it does let you relive the trip again! I am planning a cruise with my DD (18) for her high school graduation gift coming up this June. Thanks for all of the great info about Barcelona, as that is where we will be spending some time after the cruise. Many thanks and happy travels!

Janet

Thank you Janet! I'm glad you found the review helpful, and I hope you have an amazing cruise with your daughter :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dana

Thank you for the wonderful review! I've been admiring your purse for a while and wanted to ask where you got it? I love that it had the pocket for your bottled water! Is it one of those slash proof bags? Was it reasonably priced?? Hope you're still out there somewhere answering questions. Hha :)

Hi Dana

Thank you for the wonderful review! I've been admiring your purse for a while and wanted to ask where you got it? I love that it had the pocket for your bottled water! Is it one of those slash proof bags? Was it reasonably priced?? Hope you're still out there somewhere answering questions. Hha :)

I answered my own question when I looked back a few posts!

• 2 weeks later...
I answered my own question when I looked back a few posts!

Just saw your post, but I'm glad u found the answer :) I probably would have copied and pasted that post for u if u hadn't found it on ur own haha. Let me know if u have any other questions!! :)

It was so wonderful to see your review pop up. We did the last med cruise on the sunshine before the transatlantic. Looking at your pictures was fun. Seeing the ports from someone else's viewpoint and seeing many of our photos taken in the same place by someone else. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

We are flying delta from home to venice and barcelona to home in june 2014. We also booked economy comfort, but wondering about those power outlets you mention. Are they usb ports or do you use chargers like the ones we use in the car outlets? We are on similar itinerary to yours, so pulled good info from your review. Thanks for taking the time to share your trip with us all.

We are flying delta from home to venice and barcelona to home in june 2014. We also booked economy comfort, but wondering about those power outlets you mention. Are they usb ports or do you use chargers like the ones we use in the car outlets? We are on similar itinerary to yours, so pulled good info from your review. Thanks for taking the time to share your trip with us all.

I think they were usb and regular outlets. They were hard to find, but worked well.

Enjoy the trip. It is amazing.

The outlets are USB ports. I don't remember if I was this specific in my review, but they are located between the two seats you are sitting in, underneath the arm rests, close to the floor. We had trouble finding them and had to ask a flight attendant where they were haha Have a great time on your trip!!

• 2 months later...

Hello deladane

We have just booked the same cabin, but for 3 adults. Carnival web site shows a trundle bed is used for the 3rd person. Do you or does anyone else know exactly what that is? Some have said it is a roll-away, some say it pulls out from under the main bed, some say it is only 4'-6" long while someone else says their 6ft son slept on it and it was fine. So confusing!! :confused:

Hello deladane

We have just booked the same cabin, but for 3 adults. Carnival web site shows a trundle bed is used for the 3rd person. Do you or does anyone else know exactly what that is? Some have said it is a roll-away, some say it pulls out from under the main bed, some say it is only 4'-6" long while someone else says their 6ft son slept on it and it was fine. So confusing!! :confused:

haha that's funny that you have gotten so many mixed messages from other reviews. We only had 2 people in the cabin, so I never pulled the trundle bed out to take a close look at it, but I can tell you that they stored it underneath the regular bed, and it was a mattress on a small metal frame that was folded in half (top to bottom) and still was able to slide under the bed, so unless it pops up somehow, it will probably lay close to the floor. in terms of length, I would assume it is a little less than the full length of a normal bed when it is unfolded (but again, I never unfolded it to know for sure) I hope that was helpful! Let me know if you think of any other questions, and I hope you have a great cruise!! :)

haha that's funny that you have gotten so many mixed messages from other reviews. We only had 2 people in the cabin, so I never pulled the trundle bed out to take a close look at it, but I can tell you that they stored it underneath the regular bed, and it was a mattress on a small metal frame that was folded in half (top to bottom) and still was able to slide under the bed, so unless it pops up somehow, it will probably lay close to the floor. in terms of length, I would assume it is a little less than the full length of a normal bed when it is unfolded (but again, I never unfolded it to know for sure) I hope that was helpful! Let me know if you think of any other questions, and I hope you have a great cruise!! :)

That was VERY helpful, thanks so much for the quick response. The other 2 adults are taller than me so I guess I will get the trundle bed. Space looks a bit tight - I just hope no-one steps on me if they get up during the night - lol