Booking question

Hal Bennett

It does not seem that Calabazza or Elegance cruises have a secure credit card option on their web site. I am interested how everyone else has been making a reservation. I am concerned about giving credit card information via email.

Thanks

I booked with Sarah on Elegance and called her with the credit card info. She is on Eastern Standard Time. If you e-mail her, she will provide a phone number to call.

It does not seem that Calabazza or Elegance cruises have a secure credit card option on their web site. I am interested how everyone else has been making a reservation. I am concerned about giving credit card information via email.

Thanks

I booked with Gina from Calabaza via e-mail, and at her suggestion, instead of writing the numbers like this '123-456-789' she told me to spell them out like this 'one two three-four five six-seven eight nine'. I mean you're still giving your number and trusting her security but I guess the numbers can't be 'hacked' if they are written out like that. You can bet that neither one of them would be in business too long if everyone booking with them were getting fraudulent charges on their cards.

Thanks

We booked with R&R Cruises and didn't have to pay anything until the day of our excursion. It was fantastic and the crew was great and it included everything Calabaza and Elegance did.

We booked with R&R Cruises and didn't have to pay anything until the day of our excursion. It was fantastic and the crew was great and it included everything Calabaza and Elegance did.

I didn't have to pay anything to Gina. She just took my credit card number to hold our spots. I will pay her cash on the day of the excursion.

We did the spell-it-out-in-words method and had no problems. Of course it is a little nerve wracking to give strangers a CC number. You hope they don't leave it lying around! We just monitor our statements carefully.

On board Calabaza we had the choice of Gina charging it to our card, but we paid cash.

• 4 weeks later...

I have booked many excursions over last several years via the internet and avoided booking through the cruise lines. This time trying to book a cat trip has been less than positive. Failure to answer emails and lack of a secure online booking option may force me to book through the ship or skip a cat trip in Barbados.

:(

I simply called Gina using Gmail telephone. The call was three minutes and cost me $0.60 in total, a small price to pay given the lack of a secure means of providing my number by email.

BTW, Gina may be many things, but an IT security consultant isn't one of them. Her suggestion to send your cc number as one two three instead of 1 2 3 does nothing to protect you.

I have booked many excursions over last several years via the internet and avoided booking through the cruise lines. This time trying to book a cat trip has been less than positive. Failure to answer emails and lack of a secure online booking option may force me to book through the ship or skip a cat trip in Barbados.

:(

You can book through R&R cruises without having to guarantee with a credit card. You just give them your name, the number of people, and a phone number. They replied to email within 12-24 hours. The cat experience was wonderful!

Archived