Dennis -?

sscott

:confused: I'm (supposed to be )leaving 7/11 from New Orleans on the Sensation. My first cruise. What will happen since Dennis is now a factor? What are Carnivals policies?:confused:

Scott, unless there is a mandatory evacuation order, the ship should sail as scheduled. Bear in mind, however, that the MS River can be very, very rough when tropical storms are in the area. I've seen the river go 'upstream' instead of its usual flow, and it's a very strange sight, and I can just imagine a ship trying to get to the mouth of the river in that situation.

According to this morning's forecast, looks like I'll have Dennis in my front yard. I live beachfront in Gulfport, and am beginning preparations, as are all my neighbors. Let's just hope he dies down.:o

Good luck, Cotton! :eek:

Scott, unless there is a mandatory evacuation order, the ship should sail as scheduled. Bear in mind, however, that the MS River can be very, very rough when tropical storms are in the area. I've seen the river go 'upstream' instead of its usual flow, and it's a very strange sight, and I can just imagine a ship trying to get to the mouth of the river in that situation.

According to this morning's forecast, looks like I'll have Dennis in my front yard. I live beachfront in Gulfport, and am beginning preparations, as are all my neighbors. Let's just hope he dies down.:o

Thx to you both. I appreciate your concern. I've been thru TOO many hurricanes, with minor or major damage each time. Go away, Dennis the Menace! I always have mixed feelings during hurricane season - don't want to be hit, but don't want it to hit other areas either.:o

F - glad you like our area. Yes, we have some wonderful restaurants here. You probably need to make another trip to the Pass. Things have changed a lot over the past several years.

We were just in Gulfport Cotton, and we loved the place! We were doing our annual summer road trip and had decided to spend a week in Destin, Florida. On our way up we stayed the night in Gulfport and liked it so much that we cut our stay in Florida short so that we could stay 2 nights in Gulfport on the way back.:D I hope you weather the storm, it sounds like it might be a category 3 by the time it gets to you.:eek: We'll be praying for you as well as the people in London.:(

My concern about Dennis is flying out of Orlando on Saturday. I'm not so much concerned about the storm hitting Orlando (Guess I was inocculated by the 3 we weathered last year . . . ) but about bad weather closing the airport. SO. I called the cruise line (Oceania) this morning and was told that if hurricane warnings are in place for Orlando I will be called and re-routed. Put my mind at ease, but I figure I'd better finalize the packing to be ready to scoot to the airport on a moment's notice.

Archived