Spa Cabin on the Dream

MissCruiseAddict

So every year since 2009 I've been on a cruise with my parents and my brother.

I'm a go with the flow type person and this time around I let them book it and told them to just let me know how much I owe them.

Well they booked it last night and booked Cloud 9 Spa interior cabins on deck 11. The price ended up only being 40 bucks more p.p than what we pay for our interior cabins on the Empress deck.

Now I heard there are some amenities that you get for being in one of those cabins. You get access to the Thalassotherapy pool and the steam rooms and such.

My question is how does that work? Do I show them my sign and sale at the spa or what?

Is there any discounts on spa services?

I will say it will be great to be back on the Dream. Out of the 6 ships I've been on it was my favorite ship.

It works different on the different ships. I have heard that with the Dream, you will go to the desk & turn in your sail & sign card. They will hold onto it while you use the T-pool & thermal suite rooms. They will give you a key to get into those places. When you're done, you give them the key, they give you your card. On the Magic, it was different. We checked in at the desk early in the cruise & were given wristbands, that could easily be removed & put back on, to wear while in the spa. The sail & sign card also worked as our key to get into the thermal suite rooms & T-pool, so no need to check in at the desk.

I don't know if there are any discounts on treatments, since I wouldn't have been interested. There were 2 free classes which we didn't take advantage of. In the room, there are terribly tiny toiletry samples that only those rooms get, slippers that are too big for Andre the Giant, different beach towels, and a different decor. These things aren't even worth mentioning. But for the thermal suite steam rooms & the T-pool, it is well worth the $40. Have a great time. Dream is also by far my favorite ship out of the 11 I've been on!

I'm a go with the flow type person and this time around I let them book it and told them to just let me know how much I owe them.

Well they booked it last night and booked Cloud 9 Spa interior cabins on deck 11. The price ended up only being 40 bucks more p.p than what we pay for our interior cabins on the Empress deck.

Now I heard there are some amenities that you get for being in one of those cabins. You get access to the Thalassotherapy pool and the steam rooms and such.

My question is how does that work? Do I show them my sign and sale at the spa or what?

I will say it will be great to be back on the Dream. Out of the 6 ships I've been on it was my favorite ship.

If you only have one room the Spa is only for two people per room. You have the purchase a spa package for the rest of your party after you get on the ship. I think is $249 for two or $149 for one. Hope this helps.

that review is very informative and now I'm counting down the days to my cruise.

Willowbea- we got two cabins (mom and I in one dad and brother in the other) Though I doubt they will use the spa much. My dad will use the Thlasso pool once I tell them how hot the temperature is. That is his only complaint with Carnival is that the hot tubs are never hot enough

I wish we were eligible for price drops but for whatever reason (I didn't think to ask my mom) we are not. Though it would be nice for the upgrade fairy to call us and offer us an ocean view.

that review is very informative and now I'm counting down the days to my cruise.

Willowbea- we got two cabins (mom and I in one dad and brother in the other) Though I doubt they will use the spa much. My dad will use the Thlasso pool once I tell them how hot the temperature is. That is his only complaint with Carnival is that the hot tubs are never hot enough

I wish we were eligible for price drops but for whatever reason (I didn't think to ask my mom) we are not. Though it would be nice for the upgrade fairy to call us and offer us an ocean view.

Me and my two niece's are going on the same cruise. We are staying in a spa cabin too. My one niece and I were on the same cruise about a two years ago and had the spa and loved it. The Thalassotherapy Pool in much warmer than the hot tubs and we loved the heated lounge chairs, also loved the stream rooms. If you have any questions let me know and I will try and answer them for you.

I had a spa room on the Dream this year. Unfortunately we got el fried on our Nassau day and couldn't even think of a hot pool the rest of the trip... I did however take one free pilates class which I enjoyed. You have to sign up pretty much that same day of embarkation because its first come first serve. I ended up missing my second free one (I think for volleyball or something else.) but I think you get 2. That was the only perk I was able to use of the spa room. Other than absolutely no smoking around it (and all cabins are no smoking anyway, especially interior) I don't really see any other point to having the room really. Its not particularly nice room or anything. Think they may have sold my husband on that one. And the workout class I used was $12 so its not like I would have been out much otherwise. But to each their own....

We are on the same cruise and in an inside spa cabin for the first time...come join our roll call!

Barb

Is the spa open for use on embarkation day? Or is that a no since they do spa tours.

Oh and would I look odd sitting in a heated lounger chilling with a magazine or book.

I read one review for the Dream that said it was harder to use it and relax because of the groups coming through so I would assume that you can use it.

Watch the prices and you may be able to upgrade for a few hundred. I know we could have upgraded from a spa is to spa ov for $400. We had a really good deal on our is or it could have been less. I am just fine with the IS though. Actually like it better than the balcony. Enjoy your cruise!!

Archived