Taxes and fees

MS52

This is not a big deal....just wondering.

I was looking at two reservations we have on the Grandeur in January. They were not made at the same time.

One is for an outside room and the taxes are $218.50 total.

The second reservation is for a junior suite, the price per person is about double the price for the outside and the taxes are $211.36 total.

The reservation for the JS was made in January on board the Enchantment, the reservation for the outside was made a few months later. (if that matters)

Why would they be different? :confused:

For some reason that amount seems to fluctuate. In my experience, we have been refunded the difference if the price drops. We've never been charged more if the price increases.

I will admit that I'm not entirely sure that we were on Royal when we received the price adjustment. I just know that we have.

So my limited understanding is that it has nothing to do with the base price (like a sales tax) but is based on what they estimate port charges to be. Is that correct?

The port charges should be included in the cabin price. My invoice calls the charges you refer to as "Government fees".

The port charges should be included in the cabin price. My invoice calls the charges you refer to as "Government fees".

My invoice (at least when I log into mycruises) lists the charges as taxes/fees.

Cruise Fare $xxx USD

Other Items*$xxx USD

Taxes/Fees $xxx USD

The fluctuation in the usd also makes a lot of sense as to why they would change.

Archived