Private Room

Stacy1436

I am cruising on the Elation 10/5 with a group of 37 ladies. On our last sea day, one of our ladies is teaching an art class. We tried to book a private room for the 2 hour painting class but are told by our travel agent that we have to pay for it and I should call Carnival myself. (We won't even get into the problems with the agent).

Does anyone have experience in getting a private room for a little while? We already have a cocktail party booked for another day so we know that procedure. All we need is an empty room with tables for about 20 ladies.

Advice and suggestions please!

Sent from my iPhone 5.

I am cruising on the Elation 10/5 with a group of 37 ladies. On our last sea day, one of our ladies is teaching an art class. We tried to book a private room for the 2 hour painting class but are told by our travel agent that we have to pay for it and I should call Carnival myself. (We won't even get into the problems with the agent).

Does anyone have experience in getting a private room for a little while? We already have a cocktail party booked for another day so we know that procedure. All we need is an empty room with tables for about 20 ladies.

Advice and suggestions please!

Sent from my iPhone 5.

My first thought is--painting at sea may not be a welcomed activity on a cruise ship. I could see how even mature, responsible adults might make a mess, especially if the sea is rocky that day. I think I would be surprised if you got a positive response from Carnival for asking for permission to paint. Come back and let us know what they say though. That is just my first impression.

Hope you have a fun time with your group of friends.

It's done all the time. I've been on two "art at sea" cruises. Painted in private rooms each sea day. Just never organized it before.

Sent from my iPhone 5.

Thanks, Stacy. Is it anything like Painting With a Twist that you can do on land? I've done that a couple times, and it was a lot of fun with a big group of GFs.

Yes. Just like that. It's going to be great fun. Just hope we get a room so we aren't setting up in the buffet area! Lol!

Sent from my iPhone 5.

Why not? All you have to do is invade a space as a group. Why take up a special room and deprive other passengers the right to that space?

I saw this once on Liberty, the whole rear pool area was shut off to the public. Sure, the group there was having a great time in their new private area, but the rest of us were deprived of that space.

RuthlessBoss you misunderstood the question. We are trying to book a conference room to avoid having to take up multiple tables on a public deck. If we wanted to use shared public space there wouldn't be an issue.

The ships have meeting / conference rooms for groups to use -(Weddings, continuing education, meetings).

We are now in contact with someone at group services and almost have a room booked. Just working out the details now. Thanks everyone for your input!

Sent from my iPhone 5.

Archived