david /Ivan vs cruise tour

piano604

It's about a 45 minute drive in which I felt perfectly safe. You are basically taking a taxi to the ruins and back. We were so busy listening to David that the time flew by. We had a couple of friends take the cruise tour and they were so mad that they didn't go with us. They were in a group of 50 with one guide and we were in a group of 17 with two guides. We got to ask all the questions we wanted and they had all the answers. From talking to our friends that went with the ship people I can tell you there is no comparison, David and Ivan are the best guides and about half the price of the ship tour.

All I can say is book with David and Ivan. I was just on this excursion on June 29th. The transportation is safe. We went in two 15 passenger cargo vans which are failrly new and very well kept.

You will get more info from David and Ivan than from the cruise ship. Ivan was born at the site of the ruins and he gives a very special personal touch to the tour. You won't be disappointed.

Just a word of advise. When you get a taxi to the city you will be hounded by people at the dock to take you on the mayan ruin tour. Just tell them that you want to go to the city and be persistant about it. It will cost you $3 per person. When the transport service gets into the town you will find Ivan and David waiting there for you with their sign.

Enjoy your trip.

There is no comparison between the 2. Book with Ivan and David. It was the highlight of our trip. In fact, I would book this itinerary again - just to go on another tour with these guys. They were GREAT!

You will be perfectly safe and well taken care of by David and Ivan. My 11 yr old son and I took the tour with them also on June 29th. We rode in the van with David and ended up taking the ruins tour with Ivan so had the best of both. My son is still talking about the artifact Ivan showed us and a little piece of pottery he found and brought home. It was a wonderful educational experience for my son. Don't miss this tour. It was the highlight of our vacation.

Lynn

I just realized I posted this same question, but on an inappropriate thread. So I'll ask here.

We'll be cruising the first week of January with a stop in Costa Maya. We are considering the ruins tour. How does one go about booking a tour with David and Ivan, etc.?

Thanks.

You need to go to www.chacchobenruins.com and e-mail them. They will get back with you though it may take a little time (especially with Dennis causing such problems now). This is the best tour. David was our guide and he was exremely knowledgeable about Mayan culture, religion, and the plant life. Be sure to take lots of film, cash (they don't take plastic) and wear long pants, bug spray and a lightweight jacket (the mosquitoes are horrible). You will be absolutely amazed by this tour.

I thought I remebered seeing a video clip about a boat tour to Majahaul. This seemed like it would be exciting; zipping around on this tour boat. Is there boat tour to Majahaul? If so, do you still recommend David and Ivan over the boat tour?

On the David & Ivan tour when you returned to town, what did you do and where did you go? Good shopping areas? Any recommendations? Thanks!

Theresa

We were running a bit late getting back because we asked David to stop at a little village to buy some fresh sliced pineapple. David had the driver drop us off at the port and we shopped at the stores there. The guys could probably tell you if there are any good shops at Majahual. Have a great time.

Archived