who to snuba with in cozumel?

4x4TX

I have not used these guys so cannot say whether they are good or not but was looking at their site tonight for our upcoming trip on the Holiday. They have snuba trips. I couldn't find one that would allow children under 8 so I will have to snuba next time. They say it is the only way to go for a family. :D

http://www.cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/

i did the snuba tour from the ships excursions a few years ago...not again. a cab took us down the road a few miles, a little piece of beach and a few lockers. no coral to speak of. if you have ever snorkeled/dove key west reefs this is a huge dissapointment. they say coral reef. more like ocean bottom with a few chunks of coral, a guy swam up and signaled to you about getting your photo with all the fish. he spreads some food around and alot of sargent majors show up. this was the highlight. saw more fish at chankanab state park. if they offer snuba at pb i will try it in oct. dotn take the ships tour waste of $$. in fact, u can tell all them u r certified and forgot your card, they will rent u a tank. it is all walk-in, no boats. the state park has this also and more to see for less $.

we did Snuba with cozumel cruise excrusions in May. It was ok. I would not do it again. The water was really choppy and rough, not much to see, we got very sea sick. once we were down - doing snuba, it was not too bad, but they only let you snuba one reef and snorkel the other two. the snuba doesn't last very long. my son is 9 - he went, but had trouble getting down (could not unblock his ears) and had to stay on top - holding onto the raft. He was misrable. the crew was friendly. Drinks, fruit and chips were served. i just was not impressed with the reefs in cozumel they take you to - not much to see, and way too many people. I'd go for Paradise Beach next time.

Yes, they do offer snuba at Paridise Beach! Yeah!! It was fabulous! I would highly recommend it. We did it last week and loved it.

Any questions, just ask away,

Debbie

Debbie who did you use and how much?

We did the snuba at Paradise Beach. $45 per person. It took about 15 minutes for the orientation on the dock then into the water we went. Depending on how fast you catch on, you could go pretty far out and the water was crystal clear. Our guides wanted us to keep moving forward, but my daughter and myself were having a hard time at first. Just remember, you can only go 25 feet down. It was well worth the money in my opinion.

Debbie

We did the snuba at Paradise Beach. $45 per person. It took about 15 minutes for the orientation on the dock then into the water we went. Depending on how fast you catch on, you could go pretty far out and the water was crystal clear. Our guides wanted us to keep moving forward, but my daughter and myself were having a hard time at first. Just remember, you can only go 25 feet down. It was well worth the money in my opinion.

Debbie

So did you not book ahead of time? I havent seen any links that show snuba at paradise beach?

We were just in Cozumel on 6/29 and we booked a snorkel excursion through these nice folks: http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/cozumelsnorkelingexcursions.htm

We didn't snuba but 9 of the guests on the boat did and they all loved it. :) It was alot of fun and next time we want to snuba after seeing these others do it!

Rhonda

I would recommend the snuba at Chankanaab, thinking you would see more fish and coral there than the pretty white beach at Paradise (just an assumption though). While you could book the snuba through http://www.cozumelinsider.com and save $5, 4 in our party just signed up when they entered Chankanaab (they were there by 10am and did not have to wait to snuba). They were the only 4 in their group and had a GREAT time with their guide. Cost was $53 each. This was the highlight of the excursions for everyone in this group, including the canopy tour in Belize.

Debbie

Happyme101:

It is such a personal decision - your group may love it! Myself, I would rather do the Paradise Beach next time or Chankanabb park. There would be options for everybody, including snuba. I am sure the "time" you get to snuba is about the same - plus you could go back to "land" if the waters were real choppy and turning your stomache. That may not bother you.

Snuba is great - and I want to do it again, I'd just do it a different way next time. Cozumelcruiseexcrusions was great - it was nothing to do with them, it just was not for us.

Good luck - I am sure you will love it.

:)

Archived