Suite Question re: second hand smoke

softsands

Will be sailing on the Pride this coming winter in the B2 category suite #205. Admittedly, I am anal about the smoking issue and generally welcome upcoming improvements to the SB smoking policy.

Question, if I may. Can anyone comment on the likelihood (or having experience) of potential second hand smoke drifting downwind from the balcony of the classic suite #01? I have previously sailed SB, in B3, and had no issues as the first balcony suite on that deck, owing to a further setback with no forward suite side balconies. That's not the case on the deck accommodating the B2 and CS categories. Clear as mud?

By the time I cruise, the new smoking policy for Pride will be in place so maybe a B2 suite further away from the bow will ensure a second-hand smoke-free environment since I won't have to worry about any smoking from adjacent B2 suites.

Thanks in advance for any guidance or insight.

Don't recall the categories or cabins on the small ships, but when our neighbor smoked outside, we just slipped a nice note under the door and he or she was kind enough to refrain. Most people, even smokers, are quite decent. If you are concerned by what you read on these boards, keep in mind that not one poster has indicated he or she ever spoke with offending party. Nothing works better than direct action, rather than just complaining to an audience of like-minded complainers.

Archived