Fonzies in Roatan

Beaver1975

I posted this over on the ports board with no luck.

Does anyone have experiences they would like to share about Fonzies bar/restaurant. I understand it is a crew favorite.

Ive never heard of it . I have been to Roatan numerous times.

Whats the background ? Always looking for an interesting bar.. ;)

Supposedly it is a favorite NCL crew hangout. Maybe it is for the free WiFi?

Didnt someone post something about wifi at that port/bar being a problem. I remember something.. ( old brain )

I'll have to look it up. But , yes I can see free wifi being a draw for the crew..

Will be there next March . may have to give it a look again.. ;)

Didnt someone post something about wifi at that port/bar being a problem. I remember something.. ( old brain )

I'll have to look it up. But , yes I can see free wifi being a draw for the crew..

Will be there next March . may have to give it a look again.. ;)

I guy posted on his travel blog that his email account passwords had been hacked while at Fonzie's. Reading the whole blog was a bit on the whiny side and went into my "grain of salt" file.

http://rdougwicker.com/2013/02/15/roatan-fonzies-bar-and-getting-your-email-hacked/

We were in Roatan I February and the bar on the beach had great wifi for free! I did see a lot crew there but have no idea what the name was. It was just on the beach at the cruise port. Can't be missed.

Was it just outside the port area, to the right?

Food, drink, prices????

Yep. Was there (yes it's to the right a very short distance when you get off the ship) in January to meet up with our entertainer friend toward the late afternoon.

LOTS of crew go there to check email for the day. Packed early, but as it starts getting closer to crew all-aboard, it thins out. Good view of water (decent covered deck area).

Not a bad place to throw back a few drinks as you head back to this ship. There's food, but nothing special. Prices were decent ($2.00-$3 for a beer, I think....It's cheaper for crew, and they can generally tell who is crew).

Crew likes it because it is very close to the dock and has free wifi. (drinkmore) is the password.

Thank you so very much for the information that has already been presented here. ;)

Also, I was told by Erika that there is no password for the WiFi.

Archived