*My Platinum Review of Carnival Liberty**Eastern with Pics

cuted126

Hubby and I just concluded our long awaited cruise on the Liberty! I have been waiting forever to sail the Liberty and I have been so excited to sail the eastern itinerary again. The Liberty has always looked so pretty in pics and it did not disappoint!

*Background*

This was my Platinum cruise J which I was overly excited about lol. My hubby was so over me talking about being platinum and I continued just to annoy him! This was hubby’s seventh cruise! We are from Virginia,both in our early-mid 30s and we sail annually for our anniversary! This year we celebrated 8 years. Typically, we drive or fly down the day before, but we couldn’t this time because of childcare issues. We had to push it and fly in the day of the cruise:eek: From the moment we paid our airfare, I started biting my nails. Not a good feeling.

Our flight schedule was changed TWICE two weeks before sailing and after a bunch of back and forth,irritations and frustrations, we were going to be flying into FLL with an arrival time of 11:51. Not the 2:15 and 3:05 arrivals that they kept wanting to give us. I checked our ever changing flights every day, twice a day, for two weeks hoping for no more changes.

Sept. 14

Carnival Liberty +Us= Maybe not meant to be?

Our flight was set to take off at 7am, so we figured we would drop the kids off, go to our friends house and park there to avoid the airport parking fees, and get to the airport at 6 with plenty of TSA time to spare.

YEAH, so when we plan, God laughs right……

We ended up not even leaving our home until about 5:30 and we still had to drop off the kids and then go to our friends home (5 min from airport) to drop our car off and have him take us to airport, as we did not want to pay the outrageous parking fees. At 6:03, yes you read that right, we were just dropping the kids off. I started to panicked. DH assured me we would be fine. “We are very close to his house” with a teary side eye I said okay.

We got to friends' house at 6:23 and you know what………his truck doesn’t start and you know what else…….I could see the airport from there........ Which meant I was going to see Delta flight “you are not sailing today” leave and fly off into the sky without us.

I told DH to get in the car and we would pay the airport fees, we had to go, but friends' other car started, so DH insists “Come on, we can make it”. I told him not to speak to me anymore until we were on the flight lol. My brain could not function properly with the thought of missing our flight. All I could think was “At least I’d checked in online already” we just needed to get to that gate and I would knock a few people over (including my husband) to get there!

We got to the airport, I’m pretty sure I swung the door open before we even stopped completely. I was a madwoman who needed this vacation like I needed air to breathe. At 6:45am we were two of the last ten people to board our flight. At 6:55 we were about to take off and DH was now allowed to talk again lol

ry%3D400

We got to Fort Lauderdale with no problems, thank God. As soon as I powered my phone on, I had a message from SAS transportation. I made reservations with them and they were calling to let me know they were outside and waiting! PERFECT!! We waited out front for about 10 minutes and then we were on our way to Miami.

I see Double Whale Tail!!

ry%3D400

Being that this is the latest we ever gotten to the port, this is where being platinum really came in handy. There were people EVERYWHERE! We usually arrive at the port at a quiet 9:30-10am, but by this time it was almost one and the difference was quite intense. The carnival attendant saw "priority” on my boarding pass and we were whisked off to the oh so trendy VIFP captains lounge. This is when I looked at DH and reminded him I was platinum and that I was taking him places, "cool" places at that lol. About 15 min later we were finally on the Liberty!!!

Liberty + Us = definitely meant to be:D

As soon as we boarded, we went to our room and changed clothes. Usually, before eating lunch, I would take some ship pics but we were famished. So we decided to go find some lunch! The lines weren’t too bad and although there were tons of seats taken, there were still plenty available. DH got a plate from Emile’s and we both got a Pig Patty from Guy’s.

The patty is somewhere under all that lettuce lol

ry%3D400

Strangely, our first drink was not a Funship Special this time, it was Blue's Patron Margarita ( I believe that's what it was called) from the tequila bar!

Yummy

ry%3D400

After we ate, we walked around and explored the ship. More pics coming up soon, my computer is being so, so, so, slow. Also, our room was 2471 it was the last inside aft cabin on the main deck, starboard side. Pics of that coming up soon, stay tuned.

Loving the review and so glad you made your flight.

I'm curious about you being platinum and your DH not yet platinum. We will encounter the same situation on our upcoming cruise (my 10th, DH's 9th) and I'm wondering if it will cause any problems. For example, can DH use the priority tendering along with me?

DH needs one more to be platinum by 2013 and I'm wondering if it's imperative we squeeze in one more before the end of the year or will my being platinum suffice.

Thanks again and look forward to more.

I forgot to put the dates in the title:p We sailed on Sept 14-Sept 21 eastern itinerary which was Half Moon Cay, St Thomas. San Juan and Grand Turk!

My husband and I were on this cruise with you!!! We had a great time. Looking forward to the rest of your review.

Loved our Liberty cruise, will be nice to read another!

Just curious, why didn't you leave your house earlier? DH is always fighting me about leaving the house so early for flights, but better safe than sorry is what I always say. He fought me one time about going to Cleveland for a flight, and guess what - there had been a wind storm the day before and many flights had been canceled - you should have seen the security line :eek: We were one of the last ones to get on the plane. And we were headed to San Juan!

I'm curious about you being platinum and your DH not yet platinum. We will encounter the same situation on our upcoming cruise (my 10th, DH's 9th) and I'm wondering if it will cause any problems. For example, can DH use the priority tendering along with me?

DH needs one more to be platinum by 2013 and I'm wondering if it's imperative we squeeze in one more before the end of the year or will my being platinum suffice.

Whoever is in the cabin with you gets to share in the Priority boarding and tendering, I made platinum last cruise (before Hubbie) He will be making Platinum on our upcoming cruise

Thanks for doing a review...we've been on the Liberty twice...but a few years back! Still wrestling with next year's cruise...was thinking Sunshine but now thinking Liberty....anyway cannot wait for you to continue:):):)

Love the review so far. I was nervous you almost didn't make your flight! Can't wait to read more
LOL, imagine living it! I was SCARED to death, I was a complete mess! I have more review coming, thanks for reading along.

Great start. Can't wait for the rest.
Thanks for reading! I have more coming up now!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for doing this review. We sail this same itinerary in 6 months, and yes I am counting down and reading everything I can between now and then!

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2

No problem! thank you for reading along! I do the same thing, read everything about the ship i'm sailing. Well actually, I read everything about all the ships lol!

Great start. Cant wait for the rest. We were on the Liberty in May with the same itinerary!! We had a blast!
Thank you and thanks for reading! We had a great time as well! I wanna go back:(

yeah liberty rocks, We loved our cruise on the liberty!! Specially the breakfast burrito!!!

please tell me you did chef's table!!!!

I never did try the breakfast burrito and I said I was going to! Nope,we didn't do the chef's table :(

You guys won't have any problems,he will be able to board and tender with you! One platinum will suffice!

Great review so far! More Please!

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk 2

Thanks! More coming right up!

My husband and I were on this cruise with you!!! We had a great time. Looking forward to the rest of your review.
Cool, you should do a review! I was looking hard at your pic to see if I remember seeing you onboard lol!

Loved our Liberty cruise, will be nice to read another!

Just curious, why didn't you leave your house earlier? DH is always fighting me about leaving the house so early for flights, but better safe than sorry is what I always say. He fought me one time about going to Cleveland for a flight, and guess what - there had been a wind storm the day before and many flights had been canceled - you should have seen the security line :eek: We were one of the last ones to get on the plane. And we were headed to San Juan!

We loved the Liberty as well! We planned on leaving early, but it just didn't work out that way. I had a couple of issues, the kids didn't want to get up....all types of things were happening that morning which made us later than we planned lol.

Great review so far , cannot wait to read more. We will be on this same cruise the week of Thanksgiving. What was the platinum gift ?
Thanks! I got the Carnival hat! I would have preferred the cup, but my son has worn that hat every day since I got home lol.

Thanks for doing a review...we've been on the Liberty twice...but a few years back! Still wrestling with next year's cruise...was thinking Sunshine but now thinking Liberty....anyway cannot wait for you to continue:):):)
Thanks for reading along! I told Dh that maybe we should try Sunshine next year! More review coming up!

Cant wait will be on Liberty Sat
You are going to have a great time!