*My Platinum Review of Carnival Liberty**Eastern with Pics

cuted126

Me and Dh walked the paths of Half Moon Cay like we were explorers before we actually found a spot on the beach. We walked in the church, found tons of bathrooms off the main path and we played at the playground lol.

IMG_2008.jpg

IMG_2011.jpg

IMG_2012.jpg

IMG_2014.jpg

IMG_2018.jpg

Seriously, like two kids! It was the most fun we've had in awhile!

Just in case you are lost

IMG_2027.jpg

We found a spot really close to the pirate bar, but I wasn’t really feeling that spot. I kind of wanted to be further down the beach, where it was a little less congested and a tad less noisy! Before we moved, we both got one of those cute twister cups full of Pina colada. Dh made sure he requested NOT to have a pink cup lol. We people watched for a bit and then we took a stroll to see if we could find some better seats.

IMG_2031.jpg

IMG_2039.jpg

This is the life

IMG_1132.jpg

IMG_1127.jpg

IMG_1116.jpg

That sky!

IMG_1123.jpg

We ended with seats under a nice tree for shade right pass the “No lifeguard after this point” sign. The pirate bar music was still blaring, but the crowd was way smaller. From that point on, we relaxed in the water until it started to thunder. We did make it back up to the pirate bar to see the Hairy Man Contest.

Our new view

IMG_1134.jpg

So Serene

IMG_1135.jpg

Me: Are you sleep? Him: No

IMG_1146.jpg

Hey, look I made a birdie friend since the hubby I was talking to is "resting his eyes"

IMG_2042.jpg

Look at that storm heading straight for the Liberty...

IMG_1161.jpg

Soon it was time to pack up to go. We took the back paths again! We didn’t eat on the island, but of course the bbq was available. The line to get back on the ship was LONG. I mean LONG. We got in the line around 3:15pm and last tender was 4:15.

Edited by cuted126

Walking the back paths, we did see a sign that said Nature Trail. I wanted to check it out, but I think my calling for Guy's was more important at the time!

"I Love Dis Bench"

IMG_2061.jpg

HMC has the most beautiful flowers and trees! It is just a beautiful place

IMG_2063.jpg

Amongst these flowers is a very clean restroom building

IMG_2064.jpg

IMG_2066.jpg

IMG_1989.jpg

IMG_2068.jpg

Back on board, we both had Guys, I had a plain jane and Dh had the burger with the donkey sauce lol. I want to stop here to say that those fries are everything!! Especially with the BBQ sauce they have a condiment bar. We enjoyed it! I do miss the cheese for the fries though. Afterward, we showered, got dressed and explored the ship more.

Dh had no idea there was such a great sports bar on board. He was thoroughly impressed and it was Sunday too. I didn't think we were gonna leave.

IMG_1186.jpg

IMG_1187.jpg

He decided that he could watch football at home, but somehow we got stuck right outside the bar in front of that TV.

IMG_1193.jpg

IMG_1196.jpg

So, while he watched that, I watched the chandelier

IMG_1188.jpg

Great review cuted126! I was on the Liberty maybe about 7 years ago. Great ship. I would love to sail on her again, especially now that she has the 2.0 upgrades.

Keep up the great work! Can't wait to see more of your review!

Still in front of the Sports bar

IMG_1192.jpg

After, that we checked our pics in the photo gallery and then it was time for dinner so that we could go to the early show. We were determined that we were going to be “grown” and stay up late tonight lol! We even set at time of 1:00am as the time frame we had to make it too! Yup, we were gonna go hard or go home!

IMG_1200.jpg

I tried to catch the sunset before dinner, but I missed it

IMG_1203.jpg

For dinner that night, we had Maribel and her crew again! They are so excellent! Tonight, I tried something different than my usual caesar salad.

I tried French Onion soup

IMG_1213.jpg

I did not like it too much and ended up with a Caesar salad instead. Hubby had a Caesar salad as well. My entrée was

Penne Mariscos

IMG_1215.jpg

We are going on Liberty, HMC in 181 days :eek: sad to know that Karl with a K will not be our CD. Looking forward to trying a Guy's burger since I didn't have one on the breeze. Just too many other places to eat on that ship.

One question: where is Serenity on the Liberty? Thanks

Loves that you went on the swing on HMC. I love swings too.

DH had two entrees every night:p

Tonight, he had Baked Meatloaf

IMG_1214.jpg

He says it was "alright". He would give it a seven on a scale of 1-10. He also asked for the Short Ribs, but he ended up with this

IMG_1216.jpg

Jerked Pork Lion, he didn't eat that much of that. My entrée was excellent. Desserts were sherbet and the diet lemon cake

IMG_1217.jpg

IMG_1218.jpg

Sherbet is sherbet and my cake was good as well! We never see the waiters sing, but this cruise we saw it every night.

The waiters getting low

IMG_1219.jpg

We are going on Liberty, HMC in 181 days :eek: sad to know that Karl with a K will not be our CD. Looking forward to trying a Guy's burger since I didn't have one on the breeze. Just too many other places to eat on that ship.

One question: where is Serenity on the Liberty? Thanks

Loves that you went on the swing on HMC. I love swings too.

The serenity deck is all the way forward on the Liberty. Half way around deck 10 and on deck 11 as well. Karl with a K is great! When he comes back, try to sail with him! You will have so much fun! I love to swing! I was totally content just swinging at HMC lol!

Edited by cuted126

Enjoying your review. I also remember reading other reviews by you.

I was exhausted by the time you got in the ship :eek:

Get well soon to all of you who got sick.. sounds like a nasty child was going around.

We sail the week before thanksgiving, got our flu shots yesterday...hoping to ward off any germies!

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for reading along, I'm glad you are enjoying it. It was rough getting to that ship, but thanks God we made it It sucks that a lot of us got sick, but we had a great time. I was in bed two full days sick and i'm still not okay. Hopefully everything is fine on the Liberty going forward! She is a great ship!

My best friend and I were on this cruise as well! We were the two crazy blondes that mostly hung out in the EA Sports Bar. If you stopped by there in the evening we were there, in fact, Raul (the best bartender/server on the ship!) kept our "table" for us :)

BTW, my friend and I also got sinus/colds right before the Grand Turk Day. Cindy actually visited the medical center... $227 later, she was all set with a zpac, cough syrup and sudafed... After coming home, I learned that most of Utah has this same thing going on, so I don't really think it was cruise specific, just bad luck.

Keep up your review, its fun to see what others did in comparison to what we did...

We went to the sports bar only once on Sunday after HMC. OMG, sorry you guys got sick too:( I think something may have been going around on the ship. I don't know what's going on. We had a great time though and wouldn't hesitate to sail Liberty again. Jeez the medical center is expensive:eek:

The serenity deck is all the way forward on the Liberty. Half way around deck 10 and on deck 11 as well. Karl with a K is great! When he comes back, try to sail with him! You will have so much fun! I love to swing! I was totally content just swinging at HMC lol!

I think Karl is retiring. :(

We are aft, so I guess I'll get some exercise going there!

Edited by 2 cruzen

Enjoying the review so far, especially the photos! We are on this same itinerary in December and it cannot get here soon enough!

DW refuses to look at any of the Liberty reviews as she wants to be "surprised" when she gets aboard, but I like to at least have an idea of what to expect.

Looking forward to the rest of the review and of course, more pictures!:D

The show for tonight was "The Magic & Comedy of Bob Brizendine" which was hilarious. No pics from that because they always ask you not to take pictures.

FunShip Special

IMG_1205.jpg

The cute mask table in the Venetian Palace

IMG_1204.jpg

I don't know what we did after that but, we were up to catch the Blue Iguana Mexican Fiesta With Karl and the fun patrol. See, we are not old people after all:D The DJ came out at 10,the games and tons of beads were thrown around 10:30 and Dancing and stuff started at 11pm.

Another thing I loved about Karl is that if you weren't dancing or at least singing, he would point you out and say something until you did lol. He came up to my hubby and put beads around his neck and told him that he had to dance now lol. Hubby is not a dancer, but he did a little move.

The party was fun and it lasted for awhile. After each event Karl would say "No sleep tonight, stay up and party" and that's what happened with the Mexican Fiesta. We left around midnight and went to the nightclub and around 1:30, people were still on Lido dancing long after the fun patrol had left. I think we crashed about 2:30am:o

IMG_1220.jpg

IMG_1221.jpg

Wait, before I wrap up, we did see comedy tonight. We saw Cowboy Bill and Stanley Ullman. We enjoyed both. Stanley Ullman was little funnier this night. Thank God we didn't have a hassle finding any seats, but that changed later in the cruise.