BEST WESTERN PLUS Condado Palm Inn & Suites

terryinal

Anyone stay here before. I will be solo and don't want to spend a lot. I just need clean and a safe place. I price is about right, but still has the resort fees that I hate.

It's a newly renovated hotel. Not even a year old. It's located in one of the best parts of Condado near a whole bunch of restaurants. It's walking distance (5 mins. maybe) to the beach and has a Walgreen's right in front that's open 24hrs. Watch carefully the ocean on this beach since it's notorious for its undertow.

If I were you I'd try to negotiate the resort fee since that fee is usually for hotels with certain facilities and amenities that this one simply doesn't have. but still, for the area, it should be a good bang-for-the-buck. Good luck!

Could someone please post about the restaurants near this hotel? Which ones they liked and why? Price range? We will be at this hotel two days prior to our cruise. Is it easy to get to OSJ? Does bus go by hotel? Cab fare?

We are cruising in January. Thanks

There are several of us that are going to be staying there. The undertow thing scares me a little but will just have to be more cautious.

We have bad undertow here in the Gulf. In one week we have 5 drown. So please be careful. If they use the flag system do what it says

Could someone please post about the restaurants near this hotel? Which ones they liked and why? Price range? We will be at this hotel two days prior to our cruise. Is it easy to get to OSJ? Does bus go by hotel? Cab fare?

We are cruising in January. Thanks

To catch the bus you'll need to walk to Ashford street (exit the hotel, walk to your right) and look for the nearest bus stop. That bus will take you straight into OSJ (.75 cents fare). If I'm not mistaken, on your way back you'll come off the bus on the street that's to your left when exiting the hotel. Cab fare to and from the piers should be around $12 p/p +$1 for every piece of luggage. To/from the airport to Condado is $14 + $1, to/ from the piers to/from the airport is $19 + $1. They run on an established and published fixed rate fare.

See my post on this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=40126575&posted=1#post40126575 for suggestions on nearby food. While it's done using the nearby La Concha hotel, it should be ok for your location as well. Prices are about mid-range on all restaurants, some on the lower mid-range.

To catch the bus you'll need to walk to Ashford street (exit the hotel, walk to your right) and look for the nearest bus stop. That bus will take you straight into OSJ (.75 cents fare). If I'm not mistaken, on your way back you'll come off the bus on the street that's to your left when exiting the hotel. Cab fare to and from the piers should be around $12 p/p +$1 for every piece of luggage. To/from the airport to Condado is $14 + $1, to/ from the piers to/from the airport is $19 + $1. They run on an established and published fixed rate fare.

See my post on this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=40126575&posted=1#post40126575 for suggestions on nearby food. While it's done using the nearby La Concha hotel, it should be ok for your location as well. Prices are about mid-range on all restaurants, some on the lower mid-range.[/quote

Thank you.....Stinger-pr.....just the info I was looking for.

See my post on this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=40126575&posted=1#post40126575 for suggestions on nearby food. While it's done using the nearby La Concha hotel, it should be ok for your location as well. Prices are about mid-range on all restaurants, some on the lower mid-range.[/quote

Thank you.....Stinger-pr.....just the info I was looking for.

Not to sound too cheap, but could you take the bus into OSJ with your luggage instead of the cab ?? That would save a few $$

Not to sound too cheap, but could you take the bus into OSJ with your luggage instead of the cab ?? That would save a few $$

You sure can! The bus fare is $.75 cents p/p and no charge for luggage. The bus terminal is just across the street from the OSJ pier. If going to the Pan-Am pier you'd have to take a bus to OSJ and ask which would get you to the Convention Center in Miramar. That is as close as you can get to Pan-Am pier in a bus. from there it's about 10 min. walk on a no sidewalk (but little traffic) street to the Pan-Am pier. You could also take a very short taxi ride at the Sheraton right besides the Convention Center to the pier and still save a bunch.

I'm glad I booked my room last week. I check rates and they went up 35 dollars a night.

When are you booked for? We are staying there pre cruise in Dec. and I don't see anywhere on my paperwork that there is a resort fee. How much is the fee?

You are getting a good rate. We are paying $119. per night plus taxes, but we do get free breakfast:)

When are you booked for? We are staying there pre cruise in Dec. and I don't see anywhere on my paperwork that there is a resort fee. How much is the fee?

You are getting a good rate. We are paying $119. per night plus taxes, but we do get free breakfast:)

They call it a different name but it is in their. Estimated Taxes & Fees Breakdown (additional charges may apply): Tax 10.62% $8.94 USD, Hotel Tariff 18% $15.15 USD I just copied this from their web site. I changed from the 7 and 8th to 19 and 20th and the price went up. Web site said 134 a night and I think I give about 110 plus the tax. Most hotels have the fee. I did fine some that didn't. I have seen where people booked with price line and get nailed when the get their.

Anybody staying at the Best Western during 10-25/27 for the Carnival Valor cruise on 10/27 ??? How do you plan to get to the port? What time will they let us on considering the ship doesn't leave til 10pm. Never done this before. Used to getting on at 1:00 and leaving at 5:00pm for previous cruises.

Where is the bus stop in relation to the Best Western Plus Condado ??? Will the bus really let me take on the cruise luggage ????(about 3 good size pieces).....hope so.

You can find this information on the previous posts on this thread.

Anybody staying at the Best Western during 10-25/27 for the Carnival Valor cruise on 10/27 ??? How do you plan to get to the port? What time will they let us on considering the ship doesn't leave til 10pm. Never done this before. Used to getting on at 1:00 and leaving at 5:00pm for previous cruises.

While listed embarkation is about 2:30pm, I've read here that they usually start letting passengers on much earlier. You can drop off your bags early, check into your cabin and get off again and explore the city with really no time pressure. You'll need to be back on the ship around 8pm at the very least.

We are flying in Feb 22 and the cost of the cheapest room is $209/night. I sure didn't see the great rates that everyone else is getting on their nights! I think we have picked a bad week to cruise....

I went to tripadv. and found what was there then book through the hotel. I'm not picky. I was solo but my son is going and we don't have to be on the beach or town either. I hope the bus for 75 cents

We are sailing on the Celebrity Summit 10/26 and planned on taking a taxi from the Best Western. We leave at 8 or 8:30 and are also used to leaving earlier. We plan on taking a bus? to OSJ and doing the forts that morning and then return to BW to check out and taxi to the Pan American peir. Hopefully by then the rooms will be ready and we can enjoy some time on the Summit before we sailaway. Can't wait to get photos of the ship all lit up :)

Archived