Tipping your waiters at Nachi Cocom

grublet22

I would say to each his own but when we were there I tipped my waiter $20 as soon as we got there and we got very good service the entire time we were there.....

we were a family of four....and he was very good to us so I considered it a very good buy....

I definitely plan on tipping (as long as service is good, which I have no doubt will be). I just wanted some idea of what others do. :D

The tip depends on what you have them doing for you all day...

Some people have them fetching drinks from the restaurant to their palapa at the far end of the beach, every 30-60 minutes, all day long.

Some people have them serve all three courses of their meals, at their palapas, at the far end of the beach.

Then some people walk themselves up to the restaurant to eat their meal.

Some people hang in the pool most of the day and just walk up to the swim up bar and fetch their own drinks all day long.

DW and my first trip to Nachi, we hung out under our palapa on the beach most of the day.

I had our waiter bringing us drinks all day, but we went up to the restaurant to eat.

Our next 3 trips to Nachi we still ate at the restaurant, but we hung out in the pool the majority of the day and fetched our own drinks. (even invented a few after the bartender found out how good my orange soda mixed with various liquors)

To me it mostly depends on how much you ask your waiter to do for you.

I have literally seen groups next to us on the beach, have the waiter running back and forth with drinks, food, etc... literally almost non-stop all day. (actually felt bad for the waiter and prayed those people compensated him fairly)

For what we do, I usually tip him, what we would normally leave for a dinner at Olive Garden, Outback, etc.. back home.

Then for whatever drinks and other things he may have done for us all day.

Hope that makes sense to you...

Bill

Thanks Bill! Yes, this is what I was looking for. I plan on heading to the restaurant myself and hanging at the palapas most of the day, maybe a little pool side. I hope the people tipped well to keep them running. I am now excited to get there!:p

Archived