Atlantis - Majestic Tours - Transportation

Mysticks1

I will have 3 adults traveling to Nassau on Carnival Dream in May, 2014. The cruise line is just too expensive so I am planning to purchase my tickets through Majestic Tours. It seems that the reviews on them are good.

For those that purchased tickets through them or straight from Atlantis what is the best way to get to Atlantis? I have seen comments that said land and water taxi's are available. Are both of those accessible from the port? When leaving Atlantis are both easily accessible from there? When leaving how long does it normally take to return back to the dock?

I will have 3 adults traveling to Nassau on Carnival Dream in May, 2014. The cruise line is just too expensive so I am planning to purchase my tickets through Majestic Tours. It seems that the reviews on them are good.

For those that purchased tickets through them or straight from Atlantis what is the best way to get to Atlantis? I have seen comments that said land and water taxi's are available. Are both of those accessible from the port? When leaving Atlantis are both easily accessible from there? When leaving how long does it normally take to return back to the dock?

Your best bet is to book thru Majestic, Atlantis restricts the number of passes available each day, so you can't guarantee availability. With Majestic, you know you have passes.

If you are in a rush, a cab is best. It costs $4pp and takes about 10-12 minutes. (during rush hour, add an additional 20 minutes or so.

Cabs are waiting outside the gate, they are shuttle vans that fill up with other passengers going to Atlantis and Paradise island.

The Water taxi's are a more "fun" way of travel. They run every 30 minutes and take about 12 minutes to cross the harbour. They deposit you at the Ferry terminal under the western bridge and you can walk the 2 blocks to the Atlantis entrance at the Coral Towers.

Water taxi's are $4 pp and run from 9-6 daily.

If you are returning to the ship after 4:15, give yourself an hour to get back. Rush hour traffic backs up the bridge making it impossible to get anywhere fast. Most cruiseline want you to be back at least 1/2 hour before sailing. Make sure you leave plenty of time for this.

Your best bet is to book thru Majestic, Atlantis restricts the number of passes available each day, so you can't guarantee availability. With Majestic, you know you have passes.

If you are in a rush, a cab is best. It costs $4pp and takes about 10-12 minutes. (during rush hour, add an additional 20 minutes or so.

Cabs are waiting outside the gate, they are shuttle vans that fill up with other passengers going to Atlantis and Paradise island.

The Water taxi's are a more "fun" way of travel. They run every 30 minutes and take about 12 minutes to cross the harbour. They deposit you at the Ferry terminal under the western bridge and you can walk the 2 blocks to the Atlantis entrance at the Coral Towers.

Water taxi's are $4 pp and run from 9-6 daily.

If you are returning to the ship after 4:15, give yourself an hour to get back. Rush hour traffic backs up the bridge making it impossible to get anywhere fast. Most cruiseline want you to be back at least 1/2 hour before sailing. Make sure you leave plenty of time for this.

Thanks - We are only there until 5:00 so I think we need to leave Atlantis by 3:30 to make sure we are onboard with time to spare and try to avoid that last minute rush.

We arrive at 7:00 and I saw the waterpark doesn't open until 10:00 so is there anything to see at Atlantis before 10:00? Is the Aquarium or Digs open earlier?

• 2 weeks later...

I was just on the Majestic Tours site and there is NOTHING listed about Atlantis. Blue Lagoon and many other locations are on there, but could not find anything at all about Atlantis. Would someone mind posting a link? Thanks in advance!

I was just on the Majestic Tours site and there is NOTHING listed about Atlantis. Blue Lagoon and many other locations are on there, but could not find anything at all about Atlantis. Would someone mind posting a link? Thanks in advance!

Atlantis had them take down the link.. but they still are allowed to sell passes. Contact them via email for information.

• 2 weeks later...

I booked my December cruise to Nassau in part because i wanted to bring my sisters to Atlantis and their AquaAdventure waterpark. I was dismayed to later view the itinerary specifics and see we dock in nassau at noon and leave by 6pm. Obviously, this explains why the ship is not offering a $150 excursion there. My question is this: My sister has been dying to go on the Rapids and slides of Atlantis, so is there any other way we can do this without spending Majestic's $125/pp ticket rate for a few hours? Is there even going to be enough time to take a taxi and still enjoy the waterpark? Advice!

I booked my December cruise to Nassau in part because i wanted to bring my sisters to Atlantis and their AquaAdventure waterpark. I was dismayed to later view the itinerary specifics and see we dock in nassau at noon and leave by 6pm. Obviously, this explains why the ship is not offering a $150 excursion there. My question is this: My sister has been dying to go on the Rapids and slides of Atlantis, so is there any other way we can do this without spending Majestic's $125/pp ticket rate for a few hours? Is there even going to be enough time to take a taxi and still enjoy the waterpark? Advice!

No, there is not "discount" or lite day pass for Atlantis waterpark.

You are right in assuming that there really isn't enough time to enjoy the park. You won't get there before 1pm and then have to leave by 4 to be ahead of the traffic going back.

Archived