Suite Assignment??

MillieMeter

We had to book an A1 guarantee last January. Our travel agent has not gotten any info. on a room assignment. The first part(Venice to Athens) of the cruise still says call about availability but I have tried to do a dummy booking on the last 12 days and it shows one A1 suite left.

I have no idea what this means. We sail from Venice on the Spirit Oct. 15th. What happens if there is still no room for us on that leg of the cruise? When do they let us know that we can't be on that part of the trip? Or does guarantee mean that they have to find us a place?

We have never had to book without a specific room before so I don't exactly understand how an oversold cruise works. I'm OK with whatever room but if there is not one for the first 14 days then I am not interested in only doing the part from Athens to Barcelona. We will arrive in Venice on Oct. 11th. Surely, they would not let us get to the ship and then tell us "there's no room in the inn"!

Anyone had an experience like this before? Am I worrying needlessly?

Some of you more experienced sailors give me reassurances and calm my frazzled nerves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

A1 guarantee means you will get - at minimum - an A1 suite, nothing less. If there are no A1s left then you will likely get something higher - you won't be left without a suite! I'd keep an eye on the categories above you as well.

As a reference point, I am on a V1 guarantee for October 28. There are currently NO V1s and only 3 between V2-V3. Seabourn just sent an offer to our agent to allow a buy-up to guarantee a higher V or upgrade to a PH or OW. Some folks will no doubt do that so a V1 might open but if not, Seabourn will assign upward. (Upgrade, if you will.)

It's a good strategy if one is willing to wait. On my last sailing, I talked to folks who were upgraded above their guarantee. But you may also get a buy up offer in a couple weeks - and if the anticipation is killing you, by all means, you can jump on that! (It's an opportunity for Seabourn to make extra revenue on those who start to worry!)

We had to book a V1 guarantee on our last Seabourn cruise on the Sojourn in June. I should mention that we wouldn't normally take the risk of a guarantee suite but this particular cruise sailing date was our only opportunity, due to work commitments between two couples wanting to travel together, so we took the risk.

We were allocated our suite number, which was a V6 category, about 5 days prior to the cruise departure. Hopefully you'll find out your suite number sooner than that.

You may get your suite assignment at any point up to sailing. You have booked a guarantee category suite, and so you are guaranteed a suite, of at least A1 category. There IS room for you, but they haven't finished juggling assignations. Some would say that the later you hear the more likely you are to have moved up a category, but I'm not sure there is any evidence for this.

At the end of the day you WILL have a suite and it WILL be the category you booked, or higher.

Enjoy your cruise and try to chill about the details. As all the suites in a category are virtually identical (other than location) it is very unlikely that you will not be delighted with your assigned suite :)

Don't worry, there are no bad suites on Seabourn, I'm sure you will be happy with whatever suite you are given, and you will get a suite. We always book a guarantee and have often been upgraded. We are leaving Athens on12th Oct and still have no suite number yet, and have been allocated at check in on previous cruises.

• 3 months later...

Just to add a data point:

Yesterday we received our suite assignment on the Odyssey, 10 days prior to departure on the 26th of January.

We booked verandah guarantee and were assigned suite 813.......category V6 (handicapped)

Just to add a data point:

Yesterday we received our suite assignment on the Odyssey, 10 days prior to departure on the 26th of January.

We booked verandah guarantee and were assigned suite 813.......category V6 (handicapped)

That's great news.

You will be able to get your wheelchair in without knocking into the furniture.:)

You may get your suite assignment at any point up to sailing. You have booked a guarantee category suite, and so you are guaranteed a suite, of at least A1 category. There IS room for you, but they haven't finished juggling assignations. Some would say that the later you hear the more likely you are to have moved up a category, but I'm not sure there is any evidence for this.

At the end of the day you WILL have a suite and it WILL be the category you booked, or higher.

Enjoy your cruise and try to chill about the details. As all the suites in a category are virtually identical (other than location) it is very unlikely that you will not be delighted with your assigned suite :)

I have cruised on Seabourn, Silverseas and Sea Dream and have never been upgraded. Am I doing something wrong by selecting my cabin? Always select V5 or V 6. Btw going on Seabourn Quest to Norway in July.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have cruised on Seabourn, Silverseas and Sea Dream and have never been upgraded. Am I doing something wrong by selecting my cabin? Always select V5 or V 6. Btw going on Seabourn Quest to Norway in July.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The smart thing is to know where you want to be on a ship and which level of suite.

Then just talk to your Travel agent and book the exact suite that you want.

You will never be unhappy and you will get exactly what you have paid for.

Remember a so called upgrade can in fact be a poor suite in the wrong location for you.Then you will be unhappy.

The smart thing is to know where you want to be on a ship and which level of suite.

Then just talk to your Travel agent and book the exact suite that you want.

You will never be unhappy and you will get exactly what you have paid for.

Remember a so called upgrade can in fact be a poor suite in the wrong location for you.Then you will be unhappy.

I very much agree with this way of thinking.

We're currently waiting for a suite assignment as our next cruise is a World Cruise segment and so we had no opportunity to select our own suite. There are a handful of suites that I'd be disappointed with but that's the risk we took when we booked this particular cruise.

We were very fortunate on Seabourn last summer when we booked at short notice on a Guarantee basis, I don't expect to be so lucky this time.

I very much agree with this way of thinking.

We're currently waiting for a suite assignment as our next cruise is a World Cruise segment and so we had no opportunity to select our own suite. There are a handful of suites that I'd be disappointed with but that's the risk we took when we booked this particular cruise.

We were very fortunate on Seabourn last summer when we booked at short notice on a Guarantee basis, I don't expect to be so lucky this time.

Nigella,have you asked your TA to look at what suites are available so that you may at least choose one?

Your TA should be able to talk to someone at Seabourn and get an answer.

Assuming that your TA is the right TA that has more clout than the run of the mill TA's that are out there.:rolleyes:

Nigella,have you asked your TA to look at what suites are available so that you may at least choose one?

Your TA should be able to talk to someone at Seabourn and get an answer.

Assuming that your TA is the right TA that has more clout than the run of the mill TA's that are out there.:rolleyes:

No issue with my TA - it's the same one that you use ;)

We've got an idea of which suites are available at this point, but there's an 82 day World Voyage departing on 8th February. Until Seabourn stops selling that cruise, understandably, we can't choose a suite because our segment is only 15 days. Should know very soon, but definitely no later than 9th February.

TA knows my preferences, and has a lot of pull with SB as you know. ;) We've managed to at least get a guaranteed V5 this time, so we're keeping our fingers firmly crossed.

No issue with my TA - it's the same one that you use ;)

We've got an idea of which suites are available at this point, but there's an 82 day World Voyage departing on 8th February. Until Seabourn stops selling that cruise, understandably, we can't choose a suite because our segment is only 15 days. Should know very soon, but definitely no later than 9th February.

TA knows my preferences, and has a lot of pull with SB as you know. ;) We've managed to at least get a guaranteed V5 this time, so we're keeping our fingers firmly crossed.

Yes,good luck with it.

I suppose there is always a very small chance that one day an 82 day voyage will sell out and you will not be able to get the lowly fifteen days that you want.:D

Yes,good luck with it.

I suppose there is always a very small chance that one day an 82 day voyage will sell out and you will not be able to get the lowly fifteen days that you want.:D

There's a 46 day one that encroaches on our lowly 15 days too! :D