Need Recommendations for Lunch

Kelsey D

My plan for the day is to rent a car, zipline at Loterie Farm, visit Fort Louis in Marigot, then stop at Mullet Bay and/or Maho Beach before returning to the pier. Lunch could be in Marigot or on the beach (Mullet or Maho). I prefer not to eat at Loterie Farm with the kids. Where do you recommend my family of five (ages 6-31) dine for lunch?

It really depends on what type of food and lunch service you are looking for.

At the Marigot waterfront and the adjacent Port La Royale you're looking at sit-down table service restaurants.

th_DSCN0952.jpg th_DSCN0957.jpg

(click)

At Maho Beach you're looking at beach bar service with bar stools and tables.

th_DSCN1299.jpg th_DSCN1006.jpg

At Mullet Bay Beach you're looking at beach shacks.

th_DSCN2657.jpg

gary

p.s. Rosies @ MBB has since added covered tables with seating.

My plan for the day is to rent a car, zipline at Loterie Farm, visit Fort Louis in Marigot, then stop at Mullet Bay and/or Maho Beach before returning to the pier. Lunch could be in Marigot or on the beach (Mullet or Maho). I prefer not to eat at Loterie Farm with the kids. Where do you recommend my family of five (ages 6-31) dine for lunch?

Eating in the trees at Lotterie Farm was cool. Kids would love that I would think. I usually plan my stops in Marigot around mid morning or mid afternoon for coffee and pastries so I can't help you with lunch suggestion there. I have never eaten at Mullet to Maho either.

I need to clarify my post, above, about Mullet Bay Beach.

I received a comment that Rosie's isn't the only food available at the beach, which is true.

There is also Daleo's, and I have mentioned them here on the board previously, but I don't have a photo to share.

I did include the plural, beach shacks. :)

I will repeat here that Daleo's is known for their hotdogs, so that may appeal to the original poster.

gary

I'm looking for great food and atmosphere. Something casual. I'm not sure why I had ruled out the restaurant at Loterie Farm. I think I had it in my mind that it was too fancy and/or pricey, but a quick look at the menu online proved me wrong. Realistically, my kids probably won't be able to hold off eating until we're at the beach. So if not Loterie Farm, Marigot it is.

• 3 weeks later...
Go to Grand Case for Johnny cakes n ribs!!!

If u want a taste of the French food without going to the French side of the island, hit up Antoine's on front street in phillipsburg. Owner is so nice, call him n he will help u to get there. Right on the beach overlooking the cruise ships. Personally we prefer going for dinner

Archived