Easy to rent a car from toulon to Aix En Provence?

Paulferny

Our party of 4 will be arriving in Toulon on 10/29 Tuesday. NCL Jade. Not sure if it will dock in Toulon or port of La Seyne-sur-mer? The scheduled port of call is 9-5. We would like to go to Aix En Provence, walk around, and enjoy a leisure lunch. Is renting a car from Toulon City Center a bad idea? Looks like one way drive is about 55 miles. Is it an easy drive? Appreciate all comments.:)

• 2 months later...

I would love to know if you did end up renting a car and, if so, how it worked out for you. I am traveling with a group of four next June and am considering renting a car to visit Aix instead of taking the ship's tour.

• 2 weeks later...
Our party of 4 will be arriving in Toulon on 10/29 Tuesday. NCL Jade. Not sure if it will dock in Toulon or port of La Seyne-sur-mer? The scheduled port of call is 9-5. We would like to go to Aix En Provence, walk around, and enjoy a leisure lunch. Is renting a car from Toulon City Center a bad idea? Looks like one way drive is about 55 miles. Is it an easy drive? Appreciate all comments.:)

I would love to know where you did port as I will be there at the end of this month.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I would love to know where you did port as I will be there at the end of this month.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Although we were not on the Jade, we were on NCL in October (Spirit) and although our port was listed as Toulon, we actually docked in La Seyne-sur-mer.