Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: B2B on Carnival Liberty & Carnival Breeze

MikeyA53

Let's not make this an alcohol educational..there are numerous people watching who play around with you but are not drinking..Went on a very nice one in Kona with family..this family had breakfast and food on boat..they police those jumps one at a time..we had high diving on ours at one point..breakfast on the way and a drink ONE..before snorkel..BBQ lunch and more open bar after 2 hrs of snorkel and during jumping time. Dear B-in-law did not grow learning to swim and he learned as adult for this family but varey rarely gets in..he is bad at it and terrified..he needed the 2 beers he had to go out on a inner tube with help!!! Mom was wobbly by then...she was helped alot...you are seeing the top 10% in shape people here!! I am strict on this stuff..but you usually have adult beverages on these things and they watch like a hawk..we were NOT THERE!!!

Lol Mike..dad kind of has a pemanent loose bicep from a horse thing on ranch..Now in "retirement" the two folks with pacemakers within 2 days of each other at 76 and then just shy of 78..we had a little jolt this fall on the electric fence attached to the horses..does not seem to get the thing off rhythm..he was told to live his life..checked thorougly and feels like its the "mafia" watching sometmes..LOL.but is glad. You gotta live your life..stitch it up if you have to..he did it around your age and should have..it depends...take care.

Edited by sjn911

"Challenging" the guests is another way of "encouraging" them and people get brave and do dumb things when they're drinking. Tell me how that's a wise idea...

Challenging? Really? Please all you have to do is say no it's that easy, and if you drink or "encourage" to much whose fault is that?

I suppose you will say the tour operators for forcing it down you? It's your own fault when you don't know when enough is enough.

I'm sure Mike wasn't "challenged" to go on the swing with one arm, and I'm sure he wasn't encouraged to drink. I cannot speak for him but I'm sure he CHOSE to do those things himself.

Putting the blame on others for your own actions is ridiculous.

Edited by hockeyguru32

Challenging? Really? Please all you have to do is say no it's that easy, and if you drink or "encourage" to much whose fault is that?

I suppose you will say the tour operators for forcing it down you? It's your own fault when you don't know when enough is enough.

I'm sure Mike wasn't "challenged" to go on the swing with one arm, and I'm sure he wasn't encouraged to drink. I cannot speak for him but I'm sure he CHOSE to do those things himself.

Putting the blame on others for your own actions is ridiculous.

I usually do not get involved in these type of discussion so I'll just set the record straight and hopefully this topic will be put to rest.

1. We all signed waivers before going on the excursion.

2. The sign did say "Alcohol and snorkeling do not mix' but it also said " Consumption is at management's discretion".

3. I did not see anyone who was a danger to themselves or others because of the consumption of alcohol.

4. The guide who did the one arm swing said to the others " Can anyone do this" I thought I could but I shouldn't have. I only have myself to blame.

5. The alcohol did not influence my decision to try. Tracy can tell you that we all love to do physical stuff. On this vacation alone we climbed the water structures in Cozumel, did repelling and zip lining in Belize, the rope course on Breeze, the 300 steps in La Romana, the snorkeling in Grand Turk and Aruba.

Mike: You are a member of the RCMP. As such I'm sure you known that there is a large sector of the North American population that simply cannot accept the fact that, in most cases, the individual is responsible for making personal decisions to ensure their safety and security.

Folks like Name Of the Game hold ideas and attitudes that make lawyers rich and nanny-state lovers feel good about themselves.

Pay no attention and keep enjoying life. BTW, love the review!

Doc

Mike: You are a member of the RCMP. As such I'm sure you known that there is a large sector of the North American population that simply cannot accept the fact that, in most cases, the individual is responsible for making personal decisions to ensure their safety and security.

Folks like Name Of the Game hold ideas and attitudes that make lawyers rich and nanny-state lovers feel good about themselves.

Pay no attention and keep enjoying life. BTW, love the review!

Doc

Exactly!!! :D And he is a RCMP and is more than capable of determining what is safe or not!!

Edited by mbmbird
add

Exactly!!! :D And he is a RCMP and is more than capable of determining what is safe or not!!

Exactly mbmbird I didn't want to bring Mike's position or status into this and I also agree with HDD.

My apologies if I caused some waves here it was not my intention but I have a hard time keeping my trap shut when people blame others for their own actions. Most of us Canadians don't get to uptight when it's our own fault and try and blame someone else because of our own stupidity.

Reminds me of the movie Liar Liar when Fletcher's secretary says her friend had a burgler on the roof. The burlger fell thru a kitchen skylight and landed on a cutting board knife and cut his leg. Because of that the burgler sued the house owner for $6,000 and won she said is that justice. Fletcher says " No, I would have got him ten.

Again my apologies to Mike and the rest of you for my rant, it was not my intention.

Great review Mike and thank you to and your family for this adventure you have put us on. You're an awesome writer and story teller ever think of writing a book?

What type of lens do you use for your photos?

Exactly mbmbird I didn't want to bring Mike's position or status into this and I also agree with HDD.

My apologies if I caused some waves here it was not my intention but I have a hard time keeping my trap shut when people blame others for their own actions. Most of us Canadians don't get to uptight when it's our own fault and try and blame someone else because of our own stupidity.

Reminds me of the movie Liar Liar when Fletcher's secretary says her friend had a burgler on the roof. The burlger fell thru a kitchen skylight and landed on a cutting board knife and cut his leg. Because of that the burgler sued the house owner for $6,000 and won she said is that justice. Fletcher says " No, I would have got him ten.

Again my apologies to Mike and the rest of you for my rant, it was not my intention.

Great review Mike and thank you to and your family for this adventure you have put us on. You're an awesome writer and story teller ever think of writing a book?

What type of lens do you use for your photos?

No apologies needed. I use an old Nikon D50 with the lens that came with the camera. :)

Excellent review Mike, really enjoying your writing style and your pics

Not complaining but just how long were you on the Breeze?? Seems longer than your previous B2B2B2B :D:D

Keep up the great work

Only 8 days but I took more photos than I did on my B2B2B2B. :D

The ship was schedule to depart at 4 pm and everyone had to be back on board by 3:30 pm. I sat out on my balcony to look out for pier runners.

At 3:45 pm

DSC_07273_zpsfe9c9910.jpg

DSC_07283_zps69629001.jpg

At about 3:55pm we heard an announcement that a small group of people were not onboard yet, that they were searching their room for their passports and once located the passports would be given to port authorities and the ship would depart.

A few minutes after 4 pm. We could see them in the distance and a lot of people started yelling “run, run!”.

DSC_07293_zps9f60e75e.jpg

ba82443a-ab92-4e74-ad66-00165a2ad53f_zps2eedb52b.jpg

Not waiting for the guard to open the gate

DSC_07323_zpsc9e511be.jpg

3ca0c96a-c104-4a90-bfa1-83538c8a3669_zpsb07fe5c3.jpg

Miso soup

DSC_07483_zpsad57e811.jpg

Bonsai Noodle Salad

DSC_07493_zps8fea7e64.jpg

DSC_07503_zps3276fb01.jpg

I believe the plate in the foreground is Sashimi Maguro (Yellow Fin Tuna) and the plate in the background is California Roll. Any Sushi connoisseur out there can correct me if I’m wrong in naming any of the following plates.

DSC_07523_zps1d6e70e1.jpg

Sashimi Hamachi (Amberjack)

DSC_07533_zps3990f844.jpg

DSC_07683_zps6ba67df5.jpg

DSC_07693_zpsec213484.jpg

DSC_07703_zps96325664.jpg

DSC_07713_zpsee9fcb64.jpg

DSC_07733_zps6f6316c5.jpg

The dessert was Yuzu Custard

DSC_07743_zps0fbb91df.jpg

The kids absolutely loves sushi, Tracy likes it and I could take it or leave it, however I really enjoyed my meal and I would love to go again. The total cost for the four of us came to $64.40 plus tip.

Later in the evening Tracy, Arielle and I went to the comedy magic of Bob Brizendine in the Ovation Lounge. There was a lot of audience participation. It was fun.

DSC_07783_zpsc8c9a1e2.jpg

DSC_07793_zps9467dd8c.jpg

DSC_07803_zps6bf80bbf.jpg

DSC_07813_zpsf70949d6.jpg

DSC_07823_zps692153d3.jpg

DSC_07833_zps61487274.jpg

Afterwards we enjoyed some ‘Dancing with Massina Duo’ in the Atrium Lobby.

DSC_07893_zps2ef3cf4b.jpg

DSC_07903_zps929a9d41.jpg

Snack time, you would think I would try something different, but I like what I like.

DSC_07913_zps2d741221.jpg

Then it was time for Super Star Live in the Limelight Lounge.

DSC_07943_zps4d6321ac.jpg

DSC_07952_zps423028d7.jpg

Goodnight

DSC_07763_zps39d3f7aa.jpg

Next: Sea Day

Again, so fun....my mom is 1/2 Canadian French. Her dad (died before I was born) was born and raised in tiny Buckingham, Quebec. They have a summer camp there on a teeny tiny lake where I grew up summers. So I am "part Canadian" and just wish I had that part of your energy and your metabolism!!! :p I have gained 50 lbs. just READING your review and yet, you all don't look like you've gained an ounce! :rolleyes::confused: LOVE people who have this zest for life and living each day to the fullest and trying new things! You GO! :)