Just Booked NCL Spirit - Europe

rhinomike

Well I have been busy today. Just booked first class airfare for me, my wife and our 4 boys. I also booked us 2 cabins on the Spirit out of Barcelona. We will do the 2 week cruise and spend 2 additional weeks sightseeing all over Europe. 1 month total. We want to see it all. I hope we don't get home sick. We have never been gone more than 2 weeks. I hope we aren't exhausted.

Well I have been busy today. Just booked first class airfare for me, my wife and our 4 boys. I also booked us 2 cabins on the Spirit out of Barcelona. We will do the 2 week cruise and spend 2 additional weeks sightseeing all over Europe. 1 month total. We want to see it all. I hope we don't get home sick. We have never been gone more than 2 weeks. I hope we aren't exhausted.

You will love the spirit! It is a smaller ship without any of the rock climbing, slides etc. it is beautiful though and the layout and crew are awesome. My favorite ship. Wish she would come back to the U.S.!

For us, it was a trip of a lifetime. Notice I said trip and not vacation. You are going, going, going in the best of ways.

You will see it all!

You will be exhausted!

You will absolutely love it!!

You will love the spirit! It is a smaller ship without any of the rock climbing, slides etc. it is beautiful though and the layout and crew are awesome. My favorite ship. Wish she would come back to the U.S.!

I'll second that! The Spirit is my favorite ship; we sailed the Canary Islands last year and it was an amazing voyage.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1740735

I love to share my photo tour of the Spirit... I try to explain what the mystique about that ship is...and why so many people love her. To me, it is a ship that fits 'just-right.' ;)

What a terrific photo tour! Whets our appetite for the Spirit, in which we are booked to sail the Med more than a year from now. Would have liked to see a couple shots of the main dining rooms, but the interiors look more to our taste than the pink of Carnival Splendor, on which we did our most recent cruise because it was an economical way to sail around South America. We are glad to be going back to the Norwegian way.

Good for you, we did something similar this year as we spent a week in London pre cruise and then a day in Venice and Barcelona each. We were gone about 3 and a half weeks. After the week in London, we were glad to get on the Spirit and enjoy the first 2 sea days. It is an amazing ship with amazing ports. I posted a review in the review section as well as on the NCL board, you can take a look. Have fun planning. Be sure and join your roll call for the cruise. We did and had a awesome time. It also help us form private tours and saved money.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We did something similar last year.

Like you, we stayed 4 weeks in Europe. We stayed 5 days in Rome, 2 days in Venise before boarding the Spirit with my family. After that we stayed 7 days in Spain.

You will love the itinerary, it's magical.

A tip: if you can manage to see Rome in your land part instead of the 1 day cruise, I would recommend that to you. Too much to see in 1 day.

I think that you should try to pace yourself a bit on the land part as we didn't and we were exhausted on the last 3 days. We rent apartments and loved that we had much space and rooms and were able to eat breakfast without having to go to a restaurant. :-)

If you want to see some pictures I've took in ports, you can look it here under Europe and Asie (Asia): http://isabellecyr.zenfolio.com/

you can contact me if you need more information

Archived