Towel animals on deck ( Dream )

purplemusik

I love the pics on so many of your reviews where they had the towel animals up on deck early morning. I'm booked on the Dream and I know the kids would LOVE this. Do they do it on all ships now? How early are they there? Do you think upon getting on board I can ask someone what day they are planning it so I can make sure they see it?

I love the pics on so many of your reviews where they had the towel animals up on deck early morning. I'm booked on the Dream and I know the kids would LOVE this. Do they do it on all ships now? How early are they there? Do you think upon getting on board I can ask someone what day they are planning it so I can make sure they see it?

I am interested too because I have been on two cruises and NEVER seen this. Only seen in others photos. I think it would be cool. I know my DH would think it was neat too.

Early!!!! The crew does it overnight, so it's ready at sunrise. If you have the shipmate app on your cell phone, and look at the deck cams, you can watch all 60 pictures in a slideshow format, and you can actually see the crew getting this all set up. It's AMAZING!!!!!:D:D:D

Not true. If each housekeeping member makes ONE or TWO animals, it takes less than an hour:rolleyes: Hundreds of hours seems like a bit of a stretch.

100 crew members each spending an hour to make towel animals is 100 crew hours. Two hundred crew members spending an hour making towel animals is 200 crew hours..all on top of their regular duties..pretty impressive..

100 crew members each spending an hour to make towel animals is 100 crew hours. Two hundred crew members spending an hour making towel animals is 200 crew hours..all on top of their regular duties..pretty impressive..

No desire to get into a pissing match with you. I highly doubt it takes them an hour to make one or two towel animals. You are entitled to your opinion, and me, to mine. Happy cruising.:D:D

No desire to get into a pissing match with you. I highly doubt it takes them an hour to make one or two towel animals. You are entitled to your opinion, and me, to mine. Happy cruising.:D:D

Every recliner was covered at the pool so it isn't one to two animals per steward.

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg "I can see Carnival Miracle (after 10-2-13) and Inspiration from my porch" (to paraphrase Tina Fey as S. Palin)

I still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar-free vanilla ice-creams!)

I've seen it aboard "Ecstasy", "Paradise", and most recently aboard "Breeze". Great fun, and it makes a beautiful photo. Yes, they do it very early in the morning, so that it's all done when most folks are coming up to Lido for early morning coffee, or breakfast. :cool:

"SKY"

Do you guys think if I ask customer service when I get on board they would know what day they were doing it ( if at all )? Else wise I guess I'll just be setting an alarm to get up at the crack of dawn to make sure we see it ;)

Yep, I have no doubt that if you just ask 'em at the pursers desk, they'll be able to tell you if, and when they do the towel animal on Lido thing. I think I've seen them on every cruise I've taken in the last year or so. ;)

"SKY"

We were just on Carnival Paradise. They did it they day we were in Cozumel. I did not have my camera with me. I missed some great photos. The animals were everywhere. By the pool. On the deck chairs. Fantastic!!

One day in our cabin he did a really cute animal. I asked for a blanket. He put it on the chair. Then he did a cute bear over the chair!

Another night there was a monkey hanging in the ceiling. This is the best part of Carnival cruises!

Archived