Roll Call Activity?

cwistyred

Good Evening,

I am interested in taking a Baltic cruise on MSC next year.

For the last few cruises that we have taken we have really enjoyed doing independent excursions that we organized with fellow roll call members. In looking at the roll calls currently online it seems very hit or miss that you would even get enough people viewing a particular cruise to organize shore excursions. For instance, an excursion to St. Petersburg needs a few people to make it cost effective.

For those of you who have sailed MSC in Europe, did you find your roll calls active? Were you able to make any plans with fellow roll call members?

Thank you for any information.

Good Evening,

I am interested in taking a Baltic cruise on MSC next year.

For the last few cruises that we have taken we have really enjoyed doing independent excursions that we organized with fellow roll call members. In looking at the roll calls currently online it seems very hit or miss that you would even get enough people viewing a particular cruise to organize shore excursions. For instance, an excursion to St. Petersburg needs a few people to make it cost effective.

For those of you who have sailed MSC in Europe, did you find your roll calls active? Were you able to make any plans with fellow roll call members?

Thank you for any information.

In a word "no"!

You'll be lucky to get more than 1 or 2 other posters. No one responding is not unusual either. There just aren't that many English speakers on European cruises and those that are, not many know about cruise critic. Only the US sailings tend to be really active and the repos.

Thank you for the responses.

So if you did do these cruise were you forced to take ship excursions or did you still do independent tours alone?

I don't do tours, ships or independent. I DIY, walking or using taxis, buses or trains. I cannot abide organised excursions. That said the med is only a few hours on a plane for me, so I've been many times. I can speak reasonable French and Spanish and a bit of Italian and Portuguese. I'm more interested that just wandering around and experiencing the feel of a place, stopping for a drink or a leisurely meal at a place that takes my fancy. I don't need anyone else to join me to do that.

In more exotic places, I have been known to share a taxi with table mates.

I don't do tours, ships or independent. I DIY, walking or using taxis, buses or trains. I cannot abide organised excursions. That said the med is only a few hours on a plane for me, so I've been many times. I can speak reasonable French and Spanish and a bit of Italian and Portuguese. I'm more interested that just wandering around and experiencing the feel of a place, stopping for a drink or a leisurely meal at a place that takes my fancy.

:)Amen:)!

In a word "no"!

You'll be lucky to get more than 1 or 2 other posters. No one responding is not unusual either. There just aren't that many English speakers on European cruises and those that are, not many know about cruise critic. Only the US sailings tend to be really active and the repos.

:eek:Oh no!

I had so much fun on my last RCI roll call.....Hard to believe no one will join in on the MSC roll call now!!!!! Aaargh --- the pain!

But I keep on hoping....still 314 days to go...anything can happen!

Stef

I started a roll call months before our cruise only to get responses from people joining the cruise the week after me, very useful for shared excursions haha

On the plus side,we done four tours organised by msc and they all went perfectly. We had air conditioned buses taking us to some spectacular places with guides that were able to answer all our questions and give more than enough info on the places we visited. We were very happy with the msc tours to Olympia, Ephesus, Istanbul and the City walls of Dubrovnik.

Archived