Parasailing at Nachi

Scooterpi

For our January 6-11 cruise on the Carnival Paradise I went ahead and booked Nachi Cocum for the day since it sounded perfect for us. We want to try parasailing on this cruise. Does anyone know if they for sure offer it and how much it costs? I'm not sure if we should do it there or try to do it in Grand Cayman. Any advice is appreciated.

When we were there several years ago a guy who we think was an independent contractor was on the beach offering parasailing. It was $50 then, which has probably gone up, but my brother and I took him up on his offer and had a great experience.

They don't mention parasailing on their website...

Extras available, wave runners, banana boat rides, water trampoline and massages....

I've been 4 times and have yet to see anybody using wave runners, banana boats or parasailing...

http://www.cozumelnachicocom.com/eng/amenities.cfm

Might want to e-mail them and ask if parasailing is ever available.

If not, they might be able to arrange an independent operator to stop by the day you are there.

Bill

Edited by bguppies

For our January 6-11 cruise on the Carnival Paradise I went ahead and booked Nachi Cocum for the day since it sounded perfect for us. We want to try parasailing on this cruise. Does anyone know if they for sure offer it and how much it costs? I'm not sure if we should do it there or try to do it in Grand Cayman. Any advice is appreciated.

This comes straight from the Nachi website : Nachi Cocom Beach Club also offers activities: Snorkel, Massage, Parasailing, Sport fishing trips, Wave runners, Banana Boat Ride, etc; & Towels. Extra charges apply.

When I took my granddaughters, Nachi made all the arrangements. When the first boat refused to allow me to go along as a rider, Nachi found another boat immediately that allowed it! I think it cost $90 for the girls to go up together, plus another $15 for me to ride. It lasted 30-40 minutes.

This comes straight from the Nachi website : Nachi Cocom Beach Club also offers activities: Snorkel, Massage, Parasailing, Sport fishing trips, Wave runners, Banana Boat Ride, etc; & Towels. Extra charges apply.

You have a link...??!?!?

I put the direct link to the activities page from the Nachi website, in the post directly before this post, and parasailing is NOT listed.

I am curious about the price also, as I wouldn't mind trying parasailing if they do have it.

Like I said, have been 4 times and have yet to see anybody using any of the extra activities, except the massages. (seen the jetskis sitting by the pier.)

Bill

Edited by bguppies

You have a link...??!?!?

I put the direct link to the activities page from the Nachi website, in the post directly before this post, and parasailing is NOT listed.

I am curious about the price also, as I wouldn't mind trying parasailing if they do have it.

Like I said, have been 4 times and have yet to see anybody using any of the extra activities, except the massages. (seen the jetskis sitting by the pier.)

Bill

http://www.cozumelnachicocom.com/ You may have to cut and paste!

It's under Beach Break rates. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and it lists all the activities that cost extra. I booked the parasailing on line when I booked Nachi and they took care of all the arrangements.

We used the jet skis when I went with my daughter last year. When my husband and I went in August, there was a large family group that rented a jet ski, a paddle boat and the large raft for the day and just rotated it among themselves.

I guess it just depends on who is there and what they want to do!

It's under Beach Break rates. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and it lists all the activities that cost extra. I booked the parasailing on line when I booked Nachi and they took care of all the arrangements.

We used the jet skis when I went with my daughter last year. When my husband and I went in August, there was a large family group that rented a jet ski, a paddle boat and the large raft for the day and just rotated it among themselves.

I guess it just depends on who is there and what they want to do!

Edited by panoramaofthepast

It is listed on the Nachi amenities page, yet for some reason they do not show the price, like the other activities...

WATER SPORTS

Nachi Cocom Beach Club also offers Parasailing, Sport fishing trips, Wave runners, Banana Boat Ride & massage. Private boat, Kayaks, Floats, and Snorkel Gear are also available for rent at the dive shop.

Please feel free to e-mail us with your enquires or if you would like to book any of the activities we have to offer.

Wave Runners

30 Min. Rental: $60.00 usd

(Designed for 1 rider or 2 riders)

Banana Boat Ride

15 Min. Rental: $15.00 usd

(From 3 to 6 passengers.

Rates are per person.)

Wather Trampoline

Children From 4 to 12 years old and 3ft tall or smaller. Everyone must wear a lifejacket. Wrist band is required for use of trampoline. No more than 5 kids on the trampoline at a time.

Rate Per Child: $2.00 usd

(Children From 4 to 12.

Rate per child, All day)

Would be nice to prepay for it like you can with the other activities, snorkel or Massages.

Edited by bguppies

It is listed on the Nachi amenities page, yet for some reason they do not show the price, like the other activities...

Would be nice to prepay for it like you can with the other activities, snorkel or Massages.

I agree that I saw it on their website, but since they really don't promote it with any pics and the charges were kind of vague, I wasn't crazy about booking it. I'll try to report back when we go in late October.

Hubby and I will be at Nachi on Halloween.:p

We plan on parasailing, if weather is good. Haven't booked parasailing. We did book Nachi.

Will post when we return and let you know.

We were there in May and they had just changed the way they were doing the parasailing. They no longer take reservations, you just sign up and pay when you get there. You used to get a better price by reserving ahead, but no more. I really wanted to try it last time but didn't. We will be there again in November and I think I will this time. :)

We booked parasailing in advance through Island Marketing at https://www.cozumelcruiseexcursions....BeachBreak.htm . I was told they work directly with the company who offers the parasailing and we had no problems at all. Upon arrival the lady who checked us in contacted the boat to advise them we were on property and we departed directly from the dock. If this is something you really want to do, why not book in advance.

• 5 weeks later...
I agree that I saw it on their website, but since they really don't promote it with any pics and the charges were kind of vague, I wasn't crazy about booking it. I'll try to report back when we go in late October.

Some pics I took of parasailing when we were at Nachi

PA310399_zps8becb9f0.jpg"]PA310399_zps8becb9f0.jpg[/url]

PA310403_zps745836f2.jpg

PA310414_zps9e90ba60.jpg

PA310408_zpsb92e2ab8.jpg

I didn't go, but when this couple returned, they said they had a great time. I believe it was $60 a person. Someone walked around selling it and if you got it, they called the boat over to take you.