Breakaway - Bottled Water, Canned Soda, Swollen Ankles

CruisingCate

one thing you may consider is calling and asking them for a need for a low salt diet . This may help your situation as well. I think its under the Frequently asked questions in the prepare for your cruise section on NCL site.

Have the same problem--only on ships. The ship water is very pure, but very salty--food VERY salty. Avoid the soups, the water, potato chips etc. One thing that really helps is to raise the foot of your bed by putting the life jacket under the mattress--and if it really gets bad, wear pressure bandages at night.

Right after a cruise where my feet swelled up I read about the life jacket under the end of the mattress. Tried it on my last two cruises and haven't had a problem since.

Also the food in general is high in sodium. That could be a huge contributing factor to the swelling. Like I've seen on other posts in this thread. Contact special services and request a low sodium diet.

My wife has a severe food allergy to shellfish and tree nuts. They were so amazingly attentive to the dietary request, it was borderline OCD.

Also I did not know soda has sodium until I read that here. Very interesting.