Plane Ticket Prices to SJU

colesc15

Strangely enough, we too were popped into First Class with out requesting or paying extra. First class to Atlanta, then coach to San Juan, but even though to is only first leg, our luggage is free!

Flights down$350, flights back on Southwest for $282. Total RT $632 ish. Not the less than$500 I had hoped for, but not bad!

My mom is a Sr. Her total was only $590.

Strangely enough, we too were popped into First Class with out requesting or paying extra. First class to Atlanta, then coach to San Juan, but even though to is only first leg, our luggage is free!

Flights down$350, flights back on Southwest for $282. Total RT $632 ish. Not the less than$500 I had hoped for, but not bad!

My mom is a Sr. Her total was only $590.

I'm definitely not complaining :)

Would love to book the southern caribbean for 2015...we can go any dates (except holidays) so what month should I be looking at and a big consideration is flight prices from the west coast (LAX) ? How would it be best to do this ?..Would prefer to arrive into SJU day of cruise arriving from FLL /MIA where we could overnight a day or two pre-cruise or even post-cruise also to get the best air rates...Thanks for any suggestions...this itinerary and travel has me very confused.:o

Bought our tickets 331 days prior on AA from LAX. First class to Miami then biz to San Juan (AA calls First biz to Caribbean). On a 777 so true first class with lie flat bed, flagship lounge access in LAX, admiral club in Miami...they had the first two tickets for $600...then jumped to $2300 for remaining seats. Have done this before and its very, very nice. 5 course meal, Bose headsets, duvet and large pillow. Awesome! Only one 777 aircraft a day I think...1040am. Booked first on return also 331 days prior...30k frequent flyer miles each. Cruise is Sunday to Sunday...arrive San Juan Saturday and return leaving noon on Sunday back to Orange County. Return flightvis just regular First (757 and 737) but for that much flying worth it. Google the Aadvantage Mastercard 50k bonus offer...have to spend $3k in 3 months but ghats easy enough. We cruise next September and whole trip is paid in full...well still need hotel...thinking Embassy Suites as we arrive 10pm so just need a bed really.

Edited by rickechambers1@aol.com

Would love to book the southern caribbean for 2015...we can go any dates (except holidays) so what month should I be looking at and a big consideration is flight prices from the west coast (LAX) ? How would it be best to do this ?..Would prefer to arrive into SJU day of cruise arriving from FLL /MIA where we could overnight a day or two pre-cruise or even post-cruise also to get the best air rates...Thanks for any suggestions...this itinerary and travel has me very confused.:o

There are non stop flights on Jet Blue from Tampa to San Juan and I usually pay between $182 and $237 RT when I travel in February. Check to see if that works for you since I believe Jet Blue flies from southern CA. Late January and February is usually reasonable and I prefer it to April (when it is already warm in FL).

Price on Southwest Airlines from Minneapolis to San Juan just dropped today (we are travelling in mid-March, prime spring break time). I booked for $431.40. It was around $650 yesterday, so that is a pretty nice savings!

Gotta check everyday and jump when there is a price drop. :)

Edited by ScandiaMom

Price on Southwest Airlines from Minneapolis to San Juan just dropped today (we are travelling in mid-March, prime spring break time). I booked for $431.40. It was around $650 yesterday, so that is a pretty nice savings!

Gotta check everyday and jump when there is a price drop. :)

Nice! Yes, it really pays to pay attention to airfares daily :D

798 for 2 rt from Kansas City to San Juan with a change in Atlanta on delta for first on the kc Atlanta legs and business on the Atlanta to San Juan legs.

Jan 10-18. Prices have been changing almost daily. Southwest is running cheaper fares most days but I'm 6'5" and don't fit in their narrow rows.

The deeply discounted cruise fares are Nov, Dec, and Jan OUTSIDE of the holidays. I picked up a Carnival Valor cruise out of San Juan for around $425pp total. Flights are not an issue for me, but if you get a cheap cruise rate, you may have more flexibility with your airfare?

We got a great rate on Celebrity with their 3-2-1 deal. It came out to $1400 for 2 people in an ocean view with alcohol package for end of January. We are in FL for a month so go flights from MCO to SJU and SJU to FLL (going on another cruise out of Miami). We paid 100/pp each way for those flights and Jet Blue includes one bag.

We got a great rate on Celebrity with their 3-2-1 deal. It came out to $1400 for 2 people in an ocean view with alcohol package for end of January. We are in FL for a month so go flights from MCO to SJU and SJU to FLL (going on another cruise out of Miami). We paid 100/pp each way for those flights and Jet Blue includes one bag.

That's a pretty good deal!

• 1 month later...