Final Payment

Greysea74

OK, before I start, I am on a tight budget. Please keep that in mind, I do not want to be flamed.

I am taking my family on their first cruise. We are sailing on The Fascination on December 9th. My final payment date is Oct 10th. I thought it was the 15th, bad on my part. I get paid every two weeks and just this past Friday, I paid $200 on my cruise, thinking that I would have one more paycheck to pay the balance (the 11th), which I don't. I don't have that much left to pay. I have direct deposit and my money is in the bank at midnight. Here are my questions.

1. If it says that the payment is due by the 10th, does that mean it is actually due on the 10th by midnight or is it due by midnight the 9th?

2. Has anyone tried or know if anyone has tried to get an extension by 1 day?

I have been stressing this out since I figured out that I had the wrong final payment date. Any help from you wonderful cruisers would be most appreciated!!

OK, before I start, I am on a tight budget. Please keep that in mind, I do not want to be flamed.

I am taking my family on their first cruise. We are sailing on The Fascination on December 9th. My final payment date is Oct 10th. I thought it was the 15th, bad on my part. I get paid every two weeks and just this past Friday, I paid $200 on my cruise, thinking that I would have one more paycheck to pay the balance (the 11th), which I don't. I don't have that much left to pay. I have direct deposit and my money is in the bank at midnight. Here are my questions.

1. If it says that the payment is due by the 10th, does that mean it is actually due on the 10th by midnight or is it due by midnight the 9th?

I have been stressing this out since I figured out that I had the wrong final payment date. Any help from you wonderful cruisers would be most appreciated!!

Don't stress yourself out......just call Carnival and explain your situation. Others have been allowed a small extension, so hopefully you can get one too. If you are turned down just nicely ask for a supervisor.

Good luck!

No flames here, I can never keep dates straight either some days! Accidents happen.

I'd call first and ask forgiveness. Obviously after the initial rep says no, ask politely for a supervisor (I'm sure the regular reps don't have that authority).

If the delay isn't long enough, rather than a credit card (I know some people don't have one for various reasons), a quick call to your bank may be able to extend a small overdraft on your bank account?

Just suggestions. Excuse me while I take this as a reminder to double check my own dates! Best of luck and happy cruising!!

Sent from my HTC One using Forums mobile app

YES!!! I called and talked to Jill. She told me that it will not cancel right away. That I will get an email telling me that I am late. At 12:01 am on the 11th I am paying the last little bit that I owe. I want to thank you all for letting me know that I can call and get an extension. I am now completely stress free, at least for the payments!!!

YES!!! I called and talked to Jill. She told me that it will not cancel right away. That I will get an email telling me that I am late. At 12:01 am on the 11th I am paying the last little bit that I owe. I want to thank you all for letting me know that I can call and get an extension. I am now completely stress free, at least for the payments!!!

Glad it worked out. Enjoy your first cruise, now your hooked.

Great news!

Sent from my HTC One using Forums mobile app

Glad you got the answer you needed. Good for you. Enjoy your trip. The Fascination is great!

Archived