Getaway - curiosity is killing me...

WaldosPepper

Getaway is scheduled to arrive in NYC on 1/26/14, however there are no other itineraries showing until she starts her regular Miami round-trip runs on 2/8/14. That's a gap of 13 days, and we all know it's not going to take that long to get from NY to FL.

So... any thoughts on what the schedule will be? Will she be christened in NY the same way Breakaway was? Will there be a few 1 or 2 night cruises for TAs? Will she just quietly slip out of NY and all the excitement will occur in Miami?

I'm curious, because we're sailing the Gem out of Manhattan on 1/29 and I would just love to get a glimpse of this ship. I'm really hoping there will be some festivities in NY prior to her departure for Miami. Time will tell, I suppose.

Any speculations or insider info anyone would care to share?

The Getaway arrives in NYC at 7 A.M. on the 26th so the schedule says. She will do a couple of one-nighters and then She is chartered as housing for the Super Bowl on February 2nd. Then She will leave for Miami-do not know the plan for that one. If this is a cruise She will have to go to a foreign port of call before arriving in Miami (The Jones Act).

I have not heard as of now, who the Godmother(s) will be or what other plans are being made for either NYC or Miami.

What I do know is that I am will be on The Maiden of Voyage of The Getaway from Southampton to NYC. 107 days and counting. I can not wait. It will be so much fun. I am looking forward to seeing a large number of former staff members of the Pearl, especially Denis Prguda.

Mandy

Hey Waldo! Puddles and I will be on the Breakaway CtN leaving on the 31st! We'll be missing each other by just a few days! :(

We'll wave in your (and the Gem's) general southernly direction as we leave the port!

... and we'll raise a glass in your northerly direction, from somewhere in the Caribbean! :D

You two have a fabulous time!!!!!

Archived