Just back from the beautiful breakaway.

carlakruz

My husband and I just returned yesterday from the breakaway. It's a beautiful ship with a great bermuda experience. A little about us, we are in our early 50's and this is our 35th cruise. We have sailed on several cruise lines but keep coming back to ncl

We flew out of nashville, tn on Saturday, sept 21st on Southwest Airlines. It was a bumpy landing but we were so excited and happy to be in nyc. We took a taxi to the holiday inn express at W 48th st. It was an excellent location. It was about 3 blocks from the port and about the same distance to time square.

We got our luggage in our room and hit the city singing New York, New York. We made our first stop at dont tell mama. It's a little club that's really fun to go to late at night as the entertainment is great. We then went to a beautiful Victorian restaurant, Lillian's in time square. I had a salad and my husband had a hamburger. We walked around a bit and then headed to the Eugene oneil theatre to see the book of morman play on broadway. It's cute but a bit irrevrent if you are religious. The theater is quite small but very pretty. We then stopped for a drink at ee grill house across the street. They had outdoor seating and we just people watched for a while.

We got back to our hotel around midnight and called it a day. I was so excited, woke at 300am and could not sleep. I ordered a tank top online from the book of morman and then tried to sleep a little.

Monday morning finally arrived and we rolled our luggage to the port. We were in the Wonderful haven, cabin 14130.

I will continue my review tomorrow. Good night all.

I cannot wait to read more. We will be boarding the Breakaway this Sunday and in a Haven Aft PS. I hope to read much more before Sunday. Thank you!

Just got home from the Breakaway Sunday

The Haven experience was Great! The Breakaway Haven layout was great for mixing & mingling. The Haven crew amazing. Like all of our Haven cruises - everything was perfect.

We met a boatload of happy Haven Cruisers.

Have a great cruise!

I was also on the 9/22 sailing in The Haven, cabin 15100. Was my second time on this beautiful ship! Crew, cabins, entertainment, dining = 1st rate!

Will be posting my full review later this week. So glad to hear people's positive reviews. Look forward to the remainder of your review.

Tracy

We're booked at the Holiday Inn on W 48th in November. It wasn't even opened when we booked, so had no idea what it would really be like. Glad you didn't voice any dissatisfaction! You didn't say which airport. We'll be landing at JFK at about 9:30 pm. Would love to know how long the taxi ride was, and what the total was with tip and tolls. That time of night it should be a fast trip -- right?!:D Glad you enjoyed the Breakaway.

We're booked at the Holiday Inn on W 48th in November. It wasn't even opened when we booked, so had no idea what it would really be like. Glad you didn't voice any dissatisfaction! You didn't say which airport. We'll be landing at JFK at about 9:30 pm. Would love to know how long the taxi ride was, and what the total was with tip and tolls. That time of night it should be a fast trip -- right?!:D Glad you enjoyed the Breakaway.

Sunday has finally arrived after months of research. As we walk to the port at 930 am we are passing folks getting off the ship looking pretty tired and unhappy to be leaving. We are excited although we know we will be leaving next Sunday. Oh we'll, it's our time now. We arrive at 945 and just follow the haven signs. We were whisked by all the folks in the line and taken to registration in our own room with cookies and juice. My dh has talked about those cookies for the last 2 months. Sweet satisfaction on his face. Around 1130 the haven guests got to go first. My dh was the first guest on board. Again, sweet satisfaction. We were taken to the haven and met our c. Ruth. She was great and most helpful. I had reserved shows and dining rooms in advance so I asked ruth to confirm everything for us. She did and all was perfect. We had 3 speciality restaurants and 3 bottles of wine complimentary due to platinum status and booking the haven.

We then went to the dining room for lunch in the haven. We felt so pampered. Again, that sweet satisfaction. We then went to our cabin. It was so beautiful. Huge bed and jacquezzi. We had the espresso machine. I had already ordered 6 bottles of wine to be delivered. We have a tradition of taking our own picture of us with the life jackets on. We then went exploring. The ship is so large but easy to figure out. We met our butler and asked that our white wine be kept cold all the time and asked for a bowl to put our Tennessee mints in as favors for the upcoming meet and greet followed by the cabin crawl as we hosted showing our cabin. He promptly brought the bowl to us. Our steward was Ronald. He was great. The next thing we knew, he brought a big cooler in the cabin and kept the wine cold all week. So resourceful. We tipped him 40.00 extra at the end.

We had the 5 minute mandatory boat drill in the theatre. We did not have to take the life jackets with us. It was very organized. They scanned the key card to note our attendance.

When sail away time came, we went back to the cabin to unpack and watch nyc go by. We had dinner in the haven. If you like wine, their moscato was amazing. After dinner we went to burn the floor. There was a special section for haven passengers. We loved that. The show was so good that I did not look at my watch a single time. After burn the floor we went to fat cats. The performers were les get red,n creole cookin band. Lots of audience participation. We only went once but only because there is so much to do you run out of time.

Oh we are big colts fan and we won. Sweet satisfaction and a glass of moscato.

We were ready to turn in by midnight. We had strawberry s covered in chocolate waiting for us every day in addition to little snacks. I loved the lemon tea too in the cabin. I had read so much about the small balconies, I did not find that to be the case. We had two wicker chairs with cushions and a small table. Plenty of room for two. There were little reading lamps by the bed that was nice. The bathroom was amazing. We had the cascade shower with the little jets. It's quite funny, when you turn off the various jets, blasts of strong cold water come out each and every time. We ended up just using the one on the top. There was plenty of storage room with a Hugh space under the bed for luggage.

The bed was so nice too. The steward left a little card in the door for us. When you open the balcony the air goes off but that is so fine, to hear the waves all night is indeed sweet satisfaction.

Will tell you all about Monday next!!!

I stayed in cabin 14130 also in Aug. Ronald was my room steward also. He was so great and always said hello to us using our names everytime we saw him. My butler was Mark. He was great also. That cabin is in a great location. I actually liked the fact that the cabin wasn't in the Haven courtyard. I would sail in that cabin again.

Archived