When does Christmas start on NCL?

zoobenny

Would love to travel on the Jade in December, but OH is a postman, so he'll be otherwise engaged! Consequently we'll be looking at a cruise middle to end of November, just wondering if we'll see any signs of Christmas on board or indeed in the ports on the Western Med itinerary. Thanks in advance to anybody who can give me a glimmer of hope :o)

I was on the Dawn in December (last year? See my signature) And they had only just started w Christmas decorations. One if our friends did a back to back and the rest got put up that week.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Took a cruise the week after Thanksgiving from New Orleans and noticed that they were putting up the Xmas decorations. They had a crew who came onto the ship while it was in port for this to occur. Really loved the colorful LED lit trees that they installed in the atrium.

Last year we cruise the week of Thanksgiving and did not see any signs of Christmas (thank goodness). I'm sure the sailing AFTER Thanksgiving is when you will see signs of Christmas. I love Christmas, just don't want to see Christmas trees lit before Thanksgiving. Enjoy!

That's a real shame, Thanksgiving is the day after the cruise ends, so I'm guessing we'll see nothing. Darn the OH and his job, I always said I'd never marry a teacher because their job restricts holidays and I'd never marry a postman because of early mornings, never anticipated a scuppered Christmas cruise!!

Three years ago we were on RCL over Thanksgiving. On Thanksgiving day we were got off the ship in Aruba. When we came back later that day, the entire ship was decorated for Christmas and Hanukkah. It was so beautiful. They had a huge gingerbread house display set up, a giant tree in the main lobby, tinsel and sparkles everywhere.

Stupid question alert :p

Do they decorate all ships even ones in canaries?

Not at all stupid. I think the Spirit will be decorated for Christmas wherever you are. I have been on the Spirit during Christmas week and it was lovely. Very tastefully decorated and lots of Christmas music. Many of the crew were dressed as elves as we heard lots of "Ho, Ho, Ho" from many passengers and crew members. On our cruise Santa came and had gifts for all the children.

While discussing Christmas, I have to ask, when do the decorations come down? We are sailing January 5, and even though I'm fairly certain that the decorations will be down, I would love to see the ship decorated.

They should be down by then. They usually start taking them down on New Year's Day, especially if it's a port day.

Here's a great thread that shows lots of photos of Christmas decorations aboard the Dawn: Can you handle "too many" Dawn pictures? (The Christmas decorations start in Post #5.) I know the OP was originally interested in the Jade but the decorations have a similar feel to what I've experienced aboard my Nov/Dec cruises and should give the OP and others some idea of how NCL decorates for Christmas.

Would love to travel on the Jade in December, but OH is a postman, so he'll be otherwise engaged! Consequently we'll be looking at a cruise middle to end of November, just wondering if we'll see any signs of Christmas on board or indeed in the ports on the Western Med itinerary. Thanks in advance to anybody who can give me a glimmer of hope :o)

My DH is also. I guess we'll have to wait until he retires to EVER travel in December! Most people don't realize that. DH was also out delivering the mail 3 days after Hurricane Hugo hit Charleston and we still had 3 trees in our livingroom and a "natural" skylight....

Archived