Westin Canal St. Hotel questions

tweety33

What can you tell me about the Westin New Orleans Canal St.? For a 2 night pre cruise stay.

Good location? Walk or catch an easy trolly in to French quarter? How to get to cruise port from there & cost? Anything is helpful. Thanks.

I stayed there with my teen girls a few weeks ago. We live in the suburbs of New Orleans but sometimes stay in the city for different reasons. I love the Westin. We had one of the best views I have ever had in the city, a river view, higher floor, right at the crescent of the river. It was beautiful. The lobby and restaurant is not on the first floor so it also has a beautiful view huge windows overlooking the river. The hotel is connected to Canal Place Shopping center. We ate breakfast there in the morning in the food court (small one on third floor) and once at Starbucks, which was much cheaper. Location is ideal. There are taxis that line up in front of the hotel entrance because the main entrance is not on Canal St., making it easy for taxis to line up. The street car stops are very close also but they probably wouldn't be necessary because they don't go into the heart of the French Quarter but follow the river or you can catch the Canal St. street car and go in the direction. Either way, you will have easy access to all of the Streetcar lines. You can walk into the French Quarter and you may be able to walk to the pier but that would depend on if the gate on Julia street is open. I would recommend taking a taxi but it shouldn't cost much because it is close, just not an easy pier to enter into on foot.

Small rooftop pool but we enjoyed it. Rooms were very nice, clean.

I used Last Minute Travel in the spring for a hotel listed as "on request" and I had to actually call them back because the time frame had passed and I still hadn't heard one way or another. When I called, it was in fact confirmed and I got the room. Not sure what would have happened if I hadn't called back. You may want to call.

Archived