Do I cancel and rebook?

flygod

Noticed on a popular site that the price of our cruise is on a special hidden offer, 450 usd each cheaper than we have agreed - with 200 usd cabin credit.

To cancel 94 days out is 200usd each.

Is it worth asking SD for 500-700 usd cabin credit, or do I just cancel and rebook?

Noticed on a popular site that the price of our cruise is on a special hidden offer, 450 usd each cheaper than we have agreed - with 200 usd cabin credit.

To cancel 94 days out is 200usd each.

Is it worth asking SD for 500-700 usd cabin credit, or do I just cancel and rebook?

cancel and rebook - SD in our experience will not fully match "hidden offer" which is usually TA driven rebate of part of commission. They certainly will not do after final payment date and in our experience will "consider" past 90 days unless you are using a TA - if you are using a TA, see if that TA can get you a deal. We were successful once but not when there was a 2nd fare reduction.

Do it now while you can.

FT

P.S. we used to book on board for credit, then transfer to TA to help with any issues that arose, since I had no luck dealing with MIami directly unless James Cabello or Adrienne (sorry I can't spell her last name) personally got involved.

Edited by frequent traveler

Hi,

Well, to update.

Called Miami and was told SD's policy was to have the same price as TAs. Then to hold after explaining that one TA had a "hidden" price.

Then told that SD fully supported its TAs and if they decided to offer a lower price, it wouldn't match or undercut them.

So cancelled and rebooked, and saved - after 400 USD in cancellation fees - some 600 USD, plus a 200 USD cabin credit.

With two sea days on the 4 Jan from Colon, that will give Flygoddess some time in the spa.

• 2 months later...