Port Canaveral as a port stop

youngestof9

I've searched and gotten more confused. Ihave been overthinking what to do in PC. Basically we want to hang out on a nice beach and have good drinks. I see the pier has a nice tiki bar, but is there actually a beach to lay on near the pier and swim? You can't really lay on the beach and then go grab a drink - seems like a long walk down the pier if you want another drink.

I guess we can just grab a cab from the port and just have them drop us at the pier?

I also see jetty park - seems quiet. Not that I'm looking for crazy loud, but would love a little bit of a fun, beachy, drinks-at-the-beach crowd.

The threads seem to confuse me more and I can't quite figure out what to do.

Port stop is 12 noon-9 pm.

What would you do if you had PC as a stop and wanted beach and drinks?

'the pier' is a popular beach area with the surfers and there are some beach volleyball courts. Another popular area is down a few more miles near the Cocoa Beach City Hall area and a place called Coconuts. Beach is popular here because like at the Pier, there are several bars you can easily walk too. Coconuts has a large deck right at the beach edge. Mid week you won't find too much action at either this time of the year tho . . .

view1.jpg

http://coconutsonthebeach.com/beach-view/

Jetty Park is very nice and there is a concession area but no 'bar'

Pier or Coconuts fit your bill; if you go to Coconuts I doubt you see anyone else from the ship

taxi is your easiest option for transportation.

I've searched and gotten more confused. Ihave been overthinking what to do in PC. Basically we want to hang out on a nice beach and have good drinks. I see the pier has a nice tiki bar, but is there actually a beach to lay on near the pier and swim? You can't really lay on the beach and then go grab a drink - seems like a long walk down the pier if you want another drink.

I guess we can just grab a cab from the port and just have them drop us at the pier?

I also see jetty park - seems quiet. Not that I'm looking for crazy loud, but would love a little bit of a fun, beachy, drinks-at-the-beach crowd.

The threads seem to confuse me more and I can't quite figure out what to do.

Port stop is 12 noon-9 pm.

What would you do if you had PC as a stop and wanted beach and drinks?

We sail on NCL have have done this stop at least 6 times. The time frame is the same -- noon to 9PM. I do not think you want Jetty Park. It is a very quiet beach with no bar. That is where we head to when we get off the ship after a nice lunch. Walk out to the parking area and lots of cabs to take you where you want to go. Neither my husband or I like crowds so we forgo Coco Beach or Ron's surf beach. Jetty Park has chair and umbrella rentals, a small shop, you can rent tackle and fish off the pier (we have never seen anyone catch anything even net fishing), we have seen sea turtles, porpoises, manatees, pelicans and all sorts of wading birds. I like the beach beacuse there are nice waves and the beach is level so you can walk out an not worry about droping into the ocean. It is a family beach or in our case an old people's beach LOL

I don't think it is what you are looking for.

• 5 months later...
We sail on NCL have have done this stop at least 6 times. The time frame is the same -- noon to 9PM. I do not think you want Jetty Park. It is a very quiet beach with no bar. That is where we head to when we get off the ship after a nice lunch. Walk out to the parking area and lots of cabs to take you where you want to go. Neither my husband or I like crowds so we forgo Coco Beach or Ron's surf beach. Jetty Park has chair and umbrella rentals, a small shop, you can rent tackle and fish off the pier (we have never seen anyone catch anything even net fishing), we have seen sea turtles, porpoises, manatees, pelicans and all sorts of wading birds. I like the beach beacuse there are nice waves and the beach is level so you can walk out an not worry about droping into the ocean. It is a family beach or in our case an old people's beach LOL

I don't think it is what you are looking for.

You seem to be a Breakway fan... with so many completed and scheduled. We sail on her in about 12 days time.... so can I trouble u with some questions?

1. what is the best speciality restaurant... keeping in mind we are trying to keep expenses down.

2. should I consider buying admission to the tehrmal suite or the Vibe beach club? we sail at a cold time in NY... so they would be indoors, right?

3. I hate the sun... so resrve a clamshell at GSC?

4. Any other points? We sail frequently, but not on NCL.

Many thx,

Cruiznuts