Calling all hopeless romantics!

My husband and I are celebrating our 1st Anniversary on the Wind on the October 15th sailing. It is an 11 day cruise and I would like to make each day special. I am wondering if you all could help me with some ideas! :confused:

I thought of maybe enlisting the help of our steward to set some things up for us.

Are we allowed to have candles in the stateroom?

Perhaps a CD of romantic music that can be playing when we arrive from dinner, candles, and rose petals from the door to the bed?

We are not wine or champagne drinkers. so that limits some of the fun.

Any help appreciated!:)

Theresa

My husband and I are celebrating our 1st Anniversary on the Wind on the October 15th sailing. It is an 11 day cruise and I would like to make each day special. I am wondering if you all could help me with some ideas! :confused:

I thought of maybe enlisting the help of our steward to set some things up for us.

Are we allowed to have candles in the stateroom?

Perhaps a CD of romantic music that can be playing when we arrive from dinner, candles, and rose petals from the door to the bed?

We are not wine or champagne drinkers. so that limits some of the fun.

Any help appreciated!:)

Theresa

Sounds like you've got some nice ideas, but please...no candles. Much too dangerous. There have been a few threads here on CC about romantic alternatives to candles. You might want to do a search for them. As for enlisting the help of a steward, I don't see why not. Most stewards are usually very accommodating.

Book an anniversary dinner at the Bistro. Let the staff know. They will bring a cake and sing to you both - Let Me Call You Sweetheart :)

Book a couples massage.

Mandara To You For Two

We bring the spa to both of you. A massage for two in the privacy of your own stateroom. (Stateroom size permitting)

50 Minutes $99 p.p

Deluxe: 80 Minutes $140 p.p

Back to Spa Menu

Bon Voyage & Special Occasion Gifts

Leave the Decorating to us Party Package!

* Pricing is subject to change without notice

Someone celebrating a special occasion? We will decorate their stateroom with streamers, confetti, balloons and a scrumptious party cake. Just specify type of occasion.

$30.00

Item # 550 Anniversary

http://www.ncl.com/more/bon_voyage_list.htm#party

Better yet just tell him you love him :)

As the fates would have it our anniversary is the first night of the cruise and I believe that it is half-price on that night! I read this in someones copy of the Freestyle Daily. Can any recent cruisers confirm this? So we will definately be going that night!

BTW, I tell him I love him several times everyday!;)

The room stewards will do almost anything if you tip them well. I would suggest purchasing a dozen roses ahead of time (call the customer service dept ahead of time). Then, pull one of the stewards aside and ask him/her (with a $10 or $20 in hand) to pull the petals off and create a "pathway" from the door to the bed for when you return form the Bistro restaurant. Ask him/her also to "light" the battery operated candles and perhaps put your fave romantic CD in the CD player (that you bring with you).

Shoreguy is right....I'd setup a spa for 2 (if you're in a suite, you can have that setup in your room). And, of course, you're making a trip to Victoria Secret, no? That alone would suffice :cool:

If I think of anything else, I'll post it here.

Happy Anniversary!

Create a little "Romance Coupon Book" for him. The bearer of this coupon is entitled to

1 back rub

3 long kisses

a dinner at the restaurant of his choice

no apology needed for 2 times he messes up ;)

one entire evening of 100% ownership of the remote control with no complaints ...

like that.

:)

Archived