About to Book NCL Jewel 11/27

About to book the NCL Jewel for 11/27. The deal is too good to pass. Didn't think I would cruise this year. Oldest DD just gave me first grandchild (7/2). Youngest DD is getting married 9/4/05. Am renovating 11 room house with plans to sell and down size to a 5 rm codo. Car is 10 years old. WAAAY too many expenses but I REALLY need a vacation this year!!!!

Have a ton of "formal"/semi formal/resort casual type clothes from MANY years of weddings, cruises etc. (am 59, been the same size since college and inherited a bunch of stuff from my mother) in color groups with dresses (mid-calf or +)/Pant suits of ivory,/KHAKI/GOLD/ black, and a single long dress in silver. Have tons of "resort casual in ivory/black/kahaki - gold inc eve bags.

What can I shop for with all the sales now after the 7/4?

1. A new swimsuit. I realize you're sailing in November which may be a wee bit chilly but there's always the hot tub.

2. New walking shoes and/or sandals that you can break in before your cruise.

I know exactly how you feel, we booked the Jewel for next summer the day after we got off our last cruise this past June. Good for you for booking it regardless of your "current" situation. Vacations are just as important as everything else that's going on in your life. They keep you sane.

Gert:

Actually bought a new swim suit just before my 3/04 cruise and have not worn it since. Already bought 1 new pant outfit and 1 new decent (non formal) dress this year for the showers and parties.

Just did think about a couple new pair of sandals and suntan lotion this year but clothes are MUCH more fun. I MAY get a new swimsuit coverup. Depends on what I find. Ones I have are from about 2001 & 1988.

Guess I do have a shopping list going after all.

Archived