Horseshoe Bay-Walking-Snorkleing

River Hill

horseshoe bay is 5+ miles away. Is that walkable? I wouldn't not on those narrow roads Yes you can snorkle at the right hand side..There is a snorkle park in the dockyards that is reported to be ok...

You can take a bus from King's Wharf, where the Voyager docks, to Horseshoe Bay. It's a steep walk from the beach to the bus stop on the return, but it's a short distance.

You can travel by bus just about everywhere in Bermuda.

Ginnie

That sounds too far to walk. If you take the bus it will drop you right off at Horseshoe Bay,(make sure you have a token or about 3.00 in exact change for each rider) and then you can walk down a road to get to the beach. They sell lunch items and drinks as well. We hiked it our first day about 3 miles and the bus would of been better. There's a cool little restaurant at the top of the entrance if you want to have an early dinner...Tio Pepe's. We had rum swizzles and took a taxi back to our place. Have Fun! The snorkeling and coves were awesome.

You can buy tokens at the hut to your right when you get off the ship. You can buy one or two day passes on the ship.... There will be a line at the booth. I wouldn't walk it either. One question I never got an aswer to was whether you needed US or Bermuda coins for the exact change...Swizzle do you know? Thanks

Sid

The Voyager docks at the Kings Wharf(the dockyards) only.

Hamilton is much closer but its a couple of miles. Not 15-20 minutes unless you are running. I am sure its 5 + miles from the Dockyards. Feel free to walk it. The only beaches that I am sure are 15-20 minutes walking are the ones in St. Georges, which are under or close to a mile(St Catherines and Tobacco Bay).

You can buy tokens at the hut to your right when you get off the ship. You can buy one or two day passes on the ship.... There will be a line at the booth. I wouldn't walk it either. One question I never got an aswer to was whether you needed US or Bermuda coins for the exact change...Swizzle do you know? Thanks

US and Bermuda money are interchangeable everywhere on the island so you can pay for anything in either currency (or even a mix of the currency). I've never known of anywhere in Bermuda that wouldn't take $US. Even US coins.

We didn't walk it, because the snorkel stuff was too heavy. Ship crew told us it was a 15/20 minute walk. I don't think it's five miles from the Hamilton port.

15-20 minute walk from Hamilton to Horseshoe Bay??

I've actually walked from Hamilton to Dockyard (as part of fundraising event). The total distance is around 13 miles. Horseshoe Bay is about half-way, give or take a mile. I think I reached the Horseshoe Bay area in 90 minutes walking at a fast pace. There are no beaches within 15-20 minute walk of Hamilton.

US and Bermuda money are interchangeable everywhere on the island so you can pay for anything in either currency (or even a mix of the currency). I've never known of anywhere in Bermuda that wouldn't take $US. Even US coins.

Thanks!

Archived