2015 Hawaii in Family Suite ??

latebloomer56

Help I can't find any info on the Grand family suite D106/S8. We put this cabin on hold as it has 2 bedrooms. Can't find any info on this board. Not just this suite but any Princess suite. Really wanted to travel with sister and brother-in-law next year. We looked at 2 mini's it was the same price. We are platinum they are newbies and would pay a little more than us, but wouls work that out. Should we change? Hawaii in Nov. would we use a balcony much? Alway have one but generally a mini. Been away since last Oct. some much to check out before Monday.

Thanks as always for any and all help.

Help I can't find any info on the Grand family suite D106/S8. We put this cabin on hold as it has 2 bedrooms. Can't find any info on this board. Not just this suite but any Princess suite. Really wanted to travel with sister and brother-in-law next year. We looked at 2 mini's it was the same price. We are platinum they are newbies and would pay a little more than us, but wouls work that out. Should we change? Hawaii in Nov. would we use a balcony much? Alway have one but generally a mini. Been away since last Oct. some much to check out before Monday.

Thanks as always for any and all help.

The family suites on the Grand-class ships are right at the front of the ship and it has been reported that the balconies can be very windy. You do get full suite amenities so that may be a factor in your decision...

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf

I would personally go with two minisuites. I was upgraded to a family suite once when I had booked a minisuite for DH and myself along with an inside across the hall for my two sons. If you book the family suite all four persons will pay the full suite price. I would imagine it is much less expensive to pay for four persons in minisuites instead though you would have to weigh how much the the suite benefits are worth to you.

As far as the room itself goes, it is one inside cabin connected to a minisuite by an enlarged living room area. How do you decide who gets the minisuite side (with a larger bathroom than the inside room side) and who gets the inside cabin when you are all paying the same rate? Also, while there is a door between the living room and the inside cabin, it locks on the inside cabin side but not on the minisuite side, so essentially there is no privacy on the minisuite side.

The balcony is a whole other story. While it is larger than other minisuite balconies it is the very first balcony at the front of the ship with no wind screen facing the front and is extremely windy. We were on an Alaskan cruise and it was too cold to use. We awoke each morning to find the furniture had blown up against the back partition of the balcony.

It was a great cabin for us to get as an upgrade since we were travelling with our sons and it was the first time I was going to put them in their own cabin but I would never actually book this cabin, especially with four adults.

p.s. - I neglected to mention that a regular minisuite is plenty large for four people to relax in the living room and balcony areas.

Thank you folks, we generally have a mini on Princess. We have been on NCL in a suite and will do a family suite next week. Huge difference in pricing and you are right who gets the larger area. With Princess I think as it prices out the same we should get 2 minis side by side if possible (but not on 9) again if possible. Looking at 8 again they may even take an oceanview and we can all use our balcony. Really want them to have their first cruise on Princess. Plus Princess has several trips out of LA area where they live.

Thanks again as always CC folks have come through.

Our friends had one of these as a complimentary upgrade. The balcony is huge but very very windy. Also the main bedroom cannot be closed off from the lounge and for me a show stopper is the second bedroom has two single beds and from recollection bunks above which stick out a bit from the walls, the room is like a very very small inside cabin. Personally I would stay with 2 separate cabins.

Archived