Cabins closest to Aft Pool

Scotchick

We prefer aft whether aft or other balcony's as close to the exit door to the aft pool as possible. The noise is an old wives tale. There is no banging of the door and it's a great location by the aft pool and the Cafe Caribe.

Last years aft balcony next to the pool on the Riviera Deck / Ruby was our best cabin ever.

Great news! We are a few doors away from the aft pool.

we have been a few doors down from the door by the aft pool and loved it. This cruise almost the same cabin was available so we booked it with no upgrade. A few years ago when we sailed, the door did bang every time someone went through it, but they have fixed it now so it slowly closes. The pool is closed at night--not sure the exact time.

Can anyone tell me which deck is the best one to book for an inside cabin closest to the aft pool.

Aloha Deck is your best bet on Grand, Golden, Star, Diamond and Sapphire Princess.

Riviera Deck is best for Caribbean, Crown, Emerald and Ruby Princess.

Aloha Deck is your best bet on Grand, Golden, Star, Diamond and Sapphire Princess.

Riviera Deck is best for Caribbean, Crown, Emerald and Ruby Princess.

Just returned from the Grand Princess and cabin A744. This is just steps from the outside pool. i've had this same cabin on the Star and Sapphire also. I like the quick access to outside but am not a pool person.

I was in Aloha 736 on the Diamond and loved/hated the cabin. I loved the location being close to the pool and the Lido deck........I hated the location because of the closeness of the pool.

All night, every night (and this NEVER happened during the day when I was in the cabin), every 5 to 10 minutes I would hear what sounded like water rushing through pipes right above my cabin. The sound would last for almost a minute in length and then stop for a few minutes and started up again. It lasted ALL NIGHT LONG! Worst sleep I ever got on a cruise ship. Asked to be moved; was told that there were no cabins that they could move me to....at that point I was ready to cry.

And, no I wasn't offered even the tiniest bit of compensation.

I consider this my worst Princess cruise (and second worst overall out of 21 cruises) and I will not cruise on the Diamond again.

I was in Aloha 736 on the Diamond and loved/hated the cabin. I loved the location being close to the pool and the Lido deck........I hated the location because of the closeness of the pool.

All night, every night (and this NEVER happened during the day when I was in the cabin), every 5 to 10 minutes I would hear what sounded like water rushing through pipes right above my cabin. The sound would last for almost a minute in length and then stop for a few minutes and started up again. It lasted ALL NIGHT LONG! Worst sleep I ever got on a cruise ship. Asked to be moved; was told that there were no cabins that they could move me to....at that point I was ready to cry.

And, no I wasn't offered even the tiniest bit of compensation.

I consider this my worst Princess cruise (and second worst overall out of 21 cruises) and I will not cruise on the Diamond again.

Sorry to Hear you had this experience on Diamond. We were on Diamond/Aloha Deck and chose the room near the aft, but I was able to stay away from rooms underneath the bathrooms, bars, and buffet server/drink stations for the reason you mentioned. You might have similar issues on any ship where the plumbing is noisy. Better Luck next time.

Sorry to Hear you had this experience on Diamond. We were on Diamond/Aloha Deck and chose the room near the aft, but I was able to stay away from rooms underneath the bathrooms, bars, and buffet server/drink stations for the reason you mentioned. You might have similar issues on any ship where the plumbing is noisy. Better Luck next time.

Duane - actually my cabin was the second to last inside cabin on the starboard side before the door to the pool area - underneath nothing but a sitting area.

The noise baffled me because I couldn't see anything on the deck plans that would account for the noise, but it did happen.

And don't worry, I still love cruising and love Princess! There were other things on that cruise that just seemed "off"....I never heard a plain, flat out "No" for a simple request before this cruise. Didn't bother me, but I remember at the time (2005) that I had never really had that kind of "vibe" on a Princess cruise before - and to be honest I have not felt it on a Princess cruise since then! :)

Probably was just an "off" cruise service wise, but the noise was the deal breaker.

Looking forward to the Crown Princess in January!

Archived