Lisbon advice.

We are due to arrive on rci Indy on 18oct and my parents are due to arrive on celebrity eclipse on the same date.

We want to meet up bush just wanted to ask if anyone knows if we should be docked near each other and what is the best way to get into Lisbon centre?

We are due to arrive on rci Indy on 18oct and my parents are due to arrive on celebrity eclipse on the same date.

We want to meet up bush just wanted to ask if anyone knows if we should be docked near each other and what is the best way to get into Lisbon centre?

We used the ship's shuttle service ( $15.00 per person) which gave us the option of two stops, one in the city centre and the other at Bélém, a historical monastery and a world heritage site I believe.

I think walking was an option but it was quite a long walk.

Depending on your docking location the Metro or Tram are inexpensive (and fast) options to get to most places in town...(and a lot cheaper then a $15 shuttle bus). And we also agree that a taxi is also far cheaper then a $15 per person shuttle. In fact, if you can share a taxi and split the cost 4 ways it is a very inexpensive option.

Hank

A few weeks ago the all-day ticket for metros and trams was about €6 so you could get that to get you to the centre, and also use it to ride the 28 tram, go to Belem etc.

If the 2 ships are not close together perhaps you could arrange to meet at somewhere unmissable like the Rua Augusta arch at the Praca do Comercio, who shows at the start of this

Hope it all works out ! Tony

Archived