GS on Voyager ships

VJS

I booked a GS on the Explorer. I have stayed in a JS on several voyager class ships and loved them but thought I would try something new for a real treat. I was very excited about the size of the balcony., but I just came across a picture of a GS balcony on the Explorer showing the balcony veiw divided into two veiwing areas with the ship's steel (looked about 3 feet) in the middle. Nobody told me that. It looks as though that would be very annoying. In fact the veiwing area of the JS is bigger than each veiwing area on the GS balcony. Has anyone stayed in one and what was the balcony like. Did it bother you. I wish I had stayed in the JS.

We were on the Voyager. The GS was excellent. The "divided" balcony did not bother us at all. The amenities were fine and the layout was excellent. We have had suites on other lines and did enjoy the Holland America Line concierge lounge on the Zuiderdam better but the service on the Voyager was worth it. We have one on the Freedom in 07.

All the best and smooth sailing, you will enjoy it.

Thanks for your reply. That makes me feel better. Now let's just hope I even see our cabin since we are supposed to sail this Sun!! Can't imagine what it will be like in Miami on Sat. and Sun.

Archived