Lets Do Lunch Program on the Pearl

funat55

Los Angeles, California October 4th

I am back from my day on the Pearl and we had a very nice day once we got started. It was part of their "Lets Do Lunch Program" to introduce TA's and their clients to the ship. I was happy to be one of the clients that got to go. There were about 80 visitors all together. They split us into groups and took us on a tour of the main areas of the ship with a cabin crawl where we got to see one of every type of cabin including the Haven. Wow, the suites are nice. I thought all the cabins were nicely appointed including the insides. The wood paneling and cabinets are very rich and regal. I did think the Haven pool was teeny tiny but not to worry, I won't be there anyway lol.

The suites had Italian coffee makers that used pods that looked somewhat like Kerig but smaller. The coffee maker in the other cabins were more like Mr. Coffee using premeasured coffee packets and brews four cups.

We checked out the buffet in the Garden Café and sampled a few items and still went to lunch afterward in the Summer Palace. No wonder you gain weight on a cruise. I thought the buffet food all looked very appetizing and delicious. I have a small portion of the roasted chicken, scalloped potatoes and fresh green beans. It was very very good. Best buffet food I've tasted.

Checked out the spa after that and found out that they only sell 84 spa passes for the whole cruise. I have to get one. I loved the spa and the thermal pool and jaccuzzi and the stone beds. I can hardly wait.

The lunch menu was specially made for the visitors. Each course featured an item from one of the specialty restaurants. Our appetizer was barbecue pork spare ribs from the Asian Restaurant. Next was a choice of either baked potato soup from Cagney's or and Endive, apple and Roquefort Cheese Salad from the Main dining room. I had the soup but I got to taste the salad both were delicious. Next was a choice of either a 14 oz. Ribeye from La Cucina or Salmon from Le Bistro. Three of us had the rib eye. We couldn't eat it all. My brother in law had the salmon and gave me a bite. Yum. For dessert we were served Torta Di Chocolate from La Cucina which was a chocolate tart with fresh raspberries, pistachio and vanilla sauce. They also served us soda's at no charge.

After lunch we looked around some more but before you know it, it was time to get off. I thought we were going to get to stay longer but we had to be off by 2:30.

The Wine and Champagne Bar next to Le Bistro looked like a comfortable meeting place before the cabin crawl.

I wanted to check out the free fast food venue, I think of the name, Blue something, but it wasn't open.

That's about all I can remember for now. it was a great day.

Archived