Bungee Cord for CB Balcony door prop?

sunluva7

I'm getting my packing list together for our 8/6/05 cruise, and wondering if the bungee cord I've seen so highly recommended on these boards as a door prop is necessary on the Caribbean Princess to hold the balcony door open? Anything not absolutely necessary has to go so I can make room for the coffee pot! LOL :D

If you don't need to open the door between the cabin next to your balcony you shouldn't need it. The balcony door in the cabins is pretty heavy and won't close on it's own.

If my memory serves me well I remember having sliding doors on Princess balconies. I left them partially open at night and no bungee needed. You may want to pack a bungee anyway, afterall, you never know what might come up and bungees don't take up much space. :)

Went on Grand in 2003. We had balcony and did not have trouble with sliding doors. I hear some ships have french doors which I could see these cords being useful. That being said, if you take them you can:

1. wrap them around the drapes to keep them from swaying in the breeze, if you don't take ribbon or something else of that nature to tie with (just don't tie too tight to leave the drapes permantly wrinkled, lol).

2. could come in handy to tie together balcony furniture in case of strong winds (so furniture doesn't move around as much at night).

3. my personal favorite, to secure all those extra purchases to the top my rolling suitcases (some of those bottles that contain liquid can be very heavy).

4. the old stand-by broken luggage.

I'm sure there are many other uses, mmmmm! too bad we can't use them to stretch the shower a little bigger, lol.

Happy Cruising!

All the Princess ships I've been on have sliding balcony doors, including the Caribbean Princes. No bungee cord necessary. I'm curious....what cruise ships have doors that do need them?

We just returned from the CB on June 24. We have a balacony stateroom on the deck 14 (Rivera) We totally enjoyed the balacony and never had an issue of the door closing. Its quite heavy and doesnt lock unless you turn the handle down. We actually slept with the door open most nights. Very relaxing hearing the ocean and smelling the air

Enjoy your cruise

I thought I read it in one of these threads. It seems to me it was Carnival so I checked their site and I think their balconies have a door (single door not french, sorry). I could be wrong but I did read it somewhere!

Hello again - reference to bungee cord:

on this site go to cruise line:

choose carnival cruises

go to 2nd page

close to bottom is "tips-things I picked from cruise"

go to 3rd page at bottom

this was good thread picked up a few more tips for my cruise!

Happy Cruising!

Just a bit of trivia. My HAL cruises did not have sliding doors. We had to put something heavy to keep the doors open at night. During the day we would keep the door open but had to put something in front to keep it from closing and the door would take up some of the balcony space when kept open.

Archived