luggage from airport to room?

kippyjim

Kippy,

What cruise line?

Due to security this changes all the time:( I would bet you would have to pick up your bags and then take them to your transport. I am assuming you booked air through the cruise line?

Have your agent call the line right before you go.

On all of our NCL cruises, we had to claim our luggage at the destination airport. (pull it off the conveyers) and then take it out to the NCL bus. Now here is where the story differs, on one occasion, once we put it by the bus for the NCL people to load it, we never saw it again until it showed up outside our cabin. In the other (Hawaii) occasions, we had to once again claim our luggage when it was unloaded from the bus. (a big security guard came up and asked us to point to our luggage. After we did, an NCL porter took it away)

I think it varies by your embarkation location. We booked our air through NCL each time. I believe if you don't book air through NCL, then you are responsible for getting yourself and your luggage to the pier.

we are flying alaska air from sacramento taking a bus from sea/tac, I thought it was pretty cool when I heard we didn't have to pick up our bags, it is a pretty long walk from the baggage claim to the bus pick-up, but after reading some of these posts I began to question what we were told. I will ask my sis to call and reconrirm. We received the bright pink luggage tags and the whole bit...thanks

Kippyjim: The bright pink luggage tags are for the luggage porters ON the ship. Once you turn your luggage over to NCL, those tags make sure it gets to the right cabin. There are different colors of tags based on what part of the ship you are on. Let me guess: You are in the front part of the ship..... (not hard, so are we and have pink tags.)

We just got off the Spirit yesterday doing Alaska from Seattle. Here's how the luggage was handled. If you are taking the NCL bus transfer to the pier, YOU DO TOUCH YOUR LUGGAGE AT THE AIRPORT. After getting off the plane, you go to baggage claim and pick up your luggage. This when the cruise tags must be attached to your luggage because you give your luggage to the NCL luggage porters waiting in the baggage claim area. They take your luggage to the ship where it will arrive in your cabin later. It's not much of a walk from the baggage carousel to the porters but you still must identify your own luggage and give it to them. They do not go near the carousels looking for cruise baggage. Also, be advised that if are taking Alaska air, they weigh your luggage and charge if it's overweight. They told us exactly how much each piece weighed and how much extra we had left for adding to them with vacation purchases, so don't over pack, it could cost you. Happy Sailing!

We just got off the Spirit yesterday doing Alaska from Seattle. Here's how the luggage was handled. If you are taking the NCL bus transfer to the pier, YOU DO TOUCH YOUR LUGGAGE AT THE AIRPORT. After getting off the plane, you go to baggage claim and pick up your luggage. This when the cruise tags must be attached to your luggage because you give your luggage to the NCL luggage porters waiting in the baggage claim area. They take your luggage to the ship where it will arrive in your cabin later. It's not much of a walk from the baggage carousel to the porters but you still must identify your own luggage and give it to them. They do not go near the carousels looking for cruise baggage. Also, be advised that if are taking Alaska air, they weigh your luggage and charge if it's overweight. They told us exactly how much each piece weighed and how much extra we had left for adding to them with vacation purchases, so don't over pack, it could cost you. Happy Sailing!

What you just said is confusing:confused: You said you do not touch your luggage at the airport then you say you have to claim your luggage at the baggage claim:confused: So you do touch your luggage at the airport. That is the way I see it, or is the heat getting to me:D

I think the heat is getting to you :D:D as I reread my post and I do not see where I said you don't touch your luggage. You do. You must claim it at the baggage carousel and then give it to the NCL luggage porters waiting in that area. Happy Sailing!

I think the heat is getting to you :D:D as I reread my post and I do not see where I said you don't touch your luggage. You do. You must claim it at the baggage carousel and then give it to the NCL luggage porters waiting in that area. Happy Sailing!

It must be the heat or the all CAPS - The first time I read it I thought the same thing. Had to reread. Easy to scan YOU DO T and see it as DOn'T

Archived