Announcements

Baded

In a few months my wife and I are going on the Allure for the eastern Caribbean cruise. Do you hear/get the overhead announcements in the cabins? The last few cruise we have been on I had to open the door to hear them. I did see a knob in the last cabin that had announcements up or down and no matter what I did I could not get them in the cabin. Please advise.

:confused:

:o

There was a knob in the cabin but only emergency announcements came through and when there were no announcements there was a very subtle but, to me, annoying tune playing in the background.

I had to open the door to hear announcements.

Most people want the option to avoid having announcements blasted into the cabins, so only emergency announcements will be that intrusive. Think about it ... you are taking an afternoon nap following a late night party and an early morning excursion. Suddenly an important announcement about the upcoming Bingo contest blasts you out of a blissful sleep. Chances are, you'd be making a B-line for Guest Services to complain ... and hopefully get some OBC out of it. ;)

Archived