best snuba advice?

4x4TX

I have read that snuba is now available at paradise beach but that it is first come first served....what about at Chankanaab Park ? Can you pretty much go to the park on any day and be able to get a snuba tour? If so how much? Is it as nice and fun as Paradise Beach? Any other places? Thanks

Do the snuba at Chankanaab - 4 in our party 2 weeks ago LOVED it. While you can book online (http://www.cozumelinsider.com), they just booked when they entered Chankanaab Park. They did not have to wait. Their guide was great, and they saw lots of fish. Cost was $53 (advertised on the website at $55, saving $5 if you booked online for a price of $50 - not enough of a savings to worry about).

Two thumbs up for Mayan paradise snuba ! I love snorkeling and have been in many spots on east and west caribean, south pacific etc. and this was awesome. Had been to Cozumel before and snorkeled at Chankanaab and thought it was nice but not spectacular. Our tour left from Nachicocom and boat a staff were very good. You stop at three spots Palancar, Columbia and sky reefs. You snuba at one of the three site and snorkel the other two. You are with a guide and they move you along with the currents so it is very easy and the boat moves picks you up at the end. Some of the best snorkeling I have seen but the snuba really kicks it up a notch! You snuba for about 1/2 hour which was great. I must admit that my first trip to cozumel I wasn't that impressed but after this tour I would rate cozumel right up there with Australia's Great barrier Reef which is also awsome. I will definitely do this tour again next time I,m in Coz.

Hope you go for it and enjoy!!

• 3 months later...

Chankannab is a protected underwater park- there is plenty to see where you do the SNUBA from shore and you can get free snorkel gear rental there with the SNUBA folks (if you are booked to do the SNUBA) and see even more. There is a guy named Mario that works that and gives guided snorkel tours in the park- just works for tips and I guarantee you that you will see things with him guiding that you would have otherwise missed.

Archived